Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into getting a non vgt turbo but im not to sure what to do with the vgt plug in. woild I have to get a custom tune to eleminate the plug in. any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Yes, whoever writes your tunes will hafta write a custom tune for the turbo so that it wont throw a CEL because the VGT solenoid wont be pluged in. Or you can just pull the factory VGT solenoid out of the the stock turbo, split in two, make a mount and mount it off to the side and plug the connector back in...this way you wont need a custom tune written for the CEL, but i'd get a custom tune written anyways.

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
I didn't get a CEL on my '03 when I installed a non VGT turbo... However, as Chris said, I would get a custom tune written for the new turbo anyhow... Your truck will run a lot better.

What turbo are you looking at getting? What are your current mods?

-French

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any Non vgt 64mm turbo that about $2000

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I will have a lightly used 66mm for sale here shortly.

I just bought a brand new BILLET compressor wheel for it...comes with a .70 and an .80 AR exhaust housing.
Specs are:
66/71/.70 or 66/71/.80

You could prolly even buy the BD diverter valve, and pedistal...this turbo, and STILL be under $2000.00

....just sayin...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, but with the VGT turbo comes not only hydraulic actuation solenoid that you guys have on the pictures. with VGT comes also vane position sensor, and it is electronic
what do you do with that one? Won't ECM throw cel because of that one, what to do about it, to keep the truck happy, and performing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.