Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 F-450 KR and was wanting to know if there was a mod to do this. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
I can understand the desire to have this feature but that would mean a LOT of cycles for the mirrors and those little plastic gears. I don't think they would last a long time and it's not like you can walk into Ford to order new mirror internals as they wear out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
219 Posts
it would have 2 b done with a relay and 2 trigger the power, either open, or close every time U turn key….
But Term is exactly correct!!!! It could very well burn up the motor and deff the gears quit quickly… And if U were 2 go in 4 warranty on the prob, the claim would b denied the second they c ur mirrors fold wit ignition… Cool thought tho!

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Yes, Ford tested the mirrors to a 100% duty cycle but that was done with mirrors in a CLEAN test lab, not with mirrors off a truck that's been driven down dirty roads, in rain and snow day after day. As I've said, nice idea but WHEN, not IF, the mirror internal parts break or wear out you can't go to Ford and order a $20 part to fix the mirror, it's the cost of a complete mirror to fix it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts