Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I do a bit of towing thru the mountains around semis and they are some of the most courteous drivers around.... Just for cool factor I'd like to make a circuit to random flash all my lights like some semis can do when they give you the "thank you" for letting them pass.... Anybody know how to do this? Id like to flash everything except low/high beams.

Just a cool factor modification id like to do, not looking to make a constant strobe like cop cars just a random order flash like the big boys do when they say thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
868 Posts
I always just very lightly tap my brakes twice just to engage the lights. Most of the time I'll get one in return

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I do now or if they are in front flip my lights off then back on real quick... I just want to make this work for that coolness factor

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Always Learning
143 Posts
My .02.......When I tow my gooseneck I just use my 4 ways flashers. It does the same thing. It will flash all you running lights without having to turn off your head lights. I just hit the botton....let them flash two times....then hit the botton back off. Rigs do it because they have a switch on the dash to turn power off to the trailer. So they just flip the power switch to the trailer off twice. If you look at a rig, tractor lights do not flash. When they pass, as soon as they signal to come in your lane....two quick high beam flash's.

If you wanted to put a switch in like rigs have you need to find the wire coming back the frame rail for the parking lights. Cut it and run to a switch. Then when you flip the switch your tail lights/trailer lights(as your trailer plug is wired into the tail lights) will flash. But flashing your 4ways does the same exact thing....and takes no time or money.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That makes sense thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
i use my flashers too.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
If you wanted to put a switch in like rigs have you need to find the wire coming back the frame rail for the parking lights. Cut it and run to a switch. Then when you flip the switch your tail lights/trailer lights(as your trailer plug is wired into the tail lights) will flash. But flashing your 4ways does the same exact thing....and takes no time or money.
You can do it all in the cab. Remove the headlight switch. Find the wire that feeds the parking lights. Cut it and add a switch. Just make sure you have the correct one as there are 2 wire that are hot in the parking light position. One is the dash lights. Move the dimmer up and down to make sure you are not on that one.

·
Always Learning
143 Posts
You can do it all in the cab. Remove the headlight switch. Find the wire that feeds the parking lights. Cut it and add a switch. Just make sure you have the correct one as there are 2 wire that are hot in the parking light position. One is the dash lights. Move the dimmer up and down to make sure you are not on that one.
You could do that....but it will flash the front parking lights also....which is the same exact thing as turning the flashers on....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts