Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you connect a 4" down pipe (turbo down)to the stock exhaust, just a reducer. Its going on my cousins 2000 f350

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought since they sell just the down pipe and a muffler delete they would sell a reducer so you can do a weekend bolt on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you buy it per application it will bolt in. to remove the stock one i had to cut the end of it off. Will be the same for your truck. Mine is a 2000.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The orig is too long to clear the cross member. My Diamondeye was short enough to go right in with no trouble. You can get a 4" turbo back sys with all new 4" for less than $300. Just do it all.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
:whs: x2. just put my 4 in dp in yesterday, took all of 30 mins doing it myself, easiest way to get the stocker out is to cut it infront of the trans cross member and take it out, hardest part is just getting the vband clamp on right.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
yea....the down pipe install and tear out is pretty easy on a 7.3

·
Peon
727 Posts
yea....the down pipe install and tear out is pretty easy on a 7.3
Correction: "...the down pipe install and tear out is pretty easy on a [non-OBS] 7.3"

I've only helped with one OBS install and the downpipe-to-midpipe fitting was an unspeakable nightmare--NOT easy at all...:eek:

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Correction: "...the down pipe install and tear out is pretty easy on a [non-OBS] 7.3"

I've only helped with one OBS install and the downpipe-to-midpipe fitting was an unspeakable nightmare--NOT easy at all...:eek:
Whenever a modification involves hammers and prybars, it is usually going to get ugly.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
on my 2000 it was very simple.went in without a hitch.i prolly should of said superduty 7.3

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
lol def on a non obs 7.3 with their funky oval pipes..
course some folks do fine or better with a 3.5 " dp
the oem muffler is the biggest plug to ditch.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
lol def on a non obs 7.3 with their funky oval pipes..
course some folks do fine or better with a 3.5 " dp
the oem muffler is the biggest plug to ditch.
That's why I suggested to do the complete sys. The dp was about half the price of a complete sys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts