Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Strokin it in your face!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its for my door handle covers amd tail gate handle, they look like they have hard water marks on them or somethin.

Anyone know a good chemicle to clean them up and,get them shining again?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Tried any chrome polish or metal polishing compound? That's what I use for chrome and polished aluminum..

·
Registered
216 Posts
may sound stupid, but in the past, i have found windex works very well on them. But im sure someone who really knows will chime in. Good luck.

·
Registered
246 Posts
What color are the marks? If they are brownish....it's the copper underneath showing through. If that's the case...not recoverable. If they're white, try CLR.

·
Strokin it in your face!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What color are the marks? If they are brownish....it's the copper underneath showing through. If that's the case...not recoverable. If they're white, try CLR.
Its white, CLR?

·
Strokin it in your face!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried any chrome polish or metal polishing compound? That's what I use for chrome and polished aluminum..
Ill give it a shot.

·
Strokin it in your face!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
may sound stupid, but in the past, i have found windex works very well on them. But im sure someone who really knows will chime in. Good luck.
Windex actually does a good job Im not gonna lie either lol

·
Strokin it in your face!
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Calcium, Lime, Rust" remover. You find at Lowe's, wallyworld.....ect.
Ha I know what your talkin about, my bad thanks.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
"Calcium, Lime, Rust" remover. You find at Lowe's, wallyworld.....ect.
Make sure you don't get that on your paint.. won't be pretty..

·
Registered
39 Posts

Those are for just that....chrome and polished aluminum. It will marr the plastic pieces and make them look worse.

A light AIO (all in one) polish will do the trick if the window cleaner dosent handle it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts