Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Ok so here is my question, what can you do to a 5r100 to make it stronger and lets say for under $400? I know on the 4r100 you can do a JW or BTS valve bodie to help the trans out but is there anything like that for the 5r100? Also this would be for the 6.4 first then the 6.0 so not sure if that makes a diffrence.
Thanks
Nick :ford:

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one?

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
i think the direct solenoid is only like a 100 bucks and helps the shifts but other than that i dont think there is anything

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think the direct solenoid is only like a 100 bucks and helps the shifts but other than that i dont think there is anything
Who makes the best one out there?

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
pretty sure suncoast is the only one. thats the only parts i would use on mine. i know cobbs and aaron carry them. im doin a full suncoast trans here soon. oh you can put a billet intput shaft in it thats only like 250 haha

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool I will look into that. So what is the weak link the 5r100?

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
Cool I will look into that. So what is the weak link the 5r100?
i have heard the clutches and some people say its the converter. my overdrive slips when ive got it hammered. i would talk with aaron at rudy's or john cobbs they can give you a straight answer

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet thanks

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Suncoast isn't the only one. And they are 150.

The valve body has no valves, except for the manual valve. All of the solenoids are direct acting on the clutches. If you want to beef it up. Get a good trans file for it. Or else you have to start adding extra clutches.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
you possibly could go billet but thats $$$

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Suncoast isn't the only one. And they are 150.

The valve body has no valves, except for the manual valve. All of the solenoids are direct acting on the clutches. If you want to beef it up. Get a good trans file for it. Or else you have to start adding extra clutches.
Where can i get one for 150? When you say good trans file you mean in the tuning or do you mean somthing else?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got one of dougs solenoids and it really helped firm my 3-5 shift up it's worth the 150 bucks and it's a very easy install.

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Post up a link.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,100 Posts
It gets installed in the blinker fluid reservoir.

And there is no such transmission as a 5R100. There is a 4R100 that does have a valve body, and a 5R110 that does not have a valve body.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts