Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just tryin to make sure I'm not missin anything here before I go and blow mine up. How much horsepower is the stock bottom end, tranny and torque conveter, heads w/o studds, holdin. Bassicly, how far can you push em with stock stuff

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Different levels for each I guess you could say. Head gaskets can blow in stock form. Torque converter can hold up to 500-550 horsepower. Tranny internals seem to be holding up beyond 600 horsepower. The stock bottom end is pretty stout, but there has been a recent discovery of cracked cylinder heads, and that is raising some thoughts on how much heat the motor can handle. High heat and pressure are a diesel engines worst nightmare.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, So bassicly after chip intake and exhaust, its time to start on the tranny. I was thinkin the stock tranny was holdin like 700ish. Didnt Rudys dyno that 1041 on a stock motor other than injectors, and studs

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
but there has been a recent discovery of cracked cylinder heads, and that is raising some thoughts on how much heat the motor can handle.
:eek: That does not sound good!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gotcha. well I wasnt pushin for the 1k mark but I would be good with the 750. I was thinkin custom tunes, cai, tbe, Ic, tc, and a butt load of n2o might get me there, or close

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
gotcha. well I wasnt pushin for the 1k mark but I would be good with the 750. I was thinkin custom tunes, cai, tbe, Ic, tc, and a butt load of n2o might get me there, or close
your trans will probably hold til then but not for long if it does especially with spray. im pretty sure with the 310 tune and spray should get you 700

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
your trans will probably hold til then but not for long if it does especially with spray. im pretty sure with the 310 tune and spray should get you 700
Yea, the only reason I probably still have a decent tranny is because I have never sprayed. Once you spray nitrous, the tranny starts to have a VERY limited life.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only times I would ever spray would be on the dyno or drag racing. and thats only if I was p!ssed off or didnt like what I was seein. No more dodges in this town will hold a candle to this one. I hope

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The only times I would ever spray would be on the dyno or drag racing. and thats only if I was p!ssed off or didnt like what I was seein. No more dodges in this town will hold a candle to this one. I hope

isnt that the only place you can use it?

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
the street?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No if ya want to get straight down to it I can use it wherever I want. But hopefully shouldnt have to. unless the ol lady p!sses me off again

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
No if ya want to get straight down to it I can use it wherever I want. But hopefully shouldnt have to. unless the ol lady p!sses me off again
and by the time you left the driveway you would have to go right down to the tireshop to get some new rubber put onLOL

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats the name of the game LOL. but we shall see. I'm just wantin her there now so I can go play. I already have my eye on a few trucks that have it comin to em.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
Thats the name of the game LOL. but we shall see. I'm just wantin her there now so I can go play. I already have my eye on a few trucks that have it comin to em.
LOLLOL Ya give em a good ole ford whippin!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The worst part about it it is I guess these guys havent read up much on the 6.4 They dont have the first clue. I'm gunna get a kick outta this. I'm loosin by maybe 3 trucks now and am about ready to double my HP

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
ya might could even get em to bet a few bucks that they could beat you LOL:evil

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats the plan.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts