Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How much lift?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Jeff @ Spartan 
#1 ·
Truck is gonna need tires soon and I'd really like to know if I could fit a 20x14 wheel with -76 offset with just a leveling kit??? It's a long shot but just wanna know if they'll fit with the 325/60/20 toyo open countrys. The wheels are 20x14 Fuel Hostage Chrome D53020401745 I really want that wide stance hence why I want the 14" wide not so much the 12"... If not looks like ill just get the tires mounted on the stock wheel lol

#3 ·
No way with just a leveling kit. My truck had 20x12 with a 4 inch lift and I still had to trim a little. Now I have the same lift with a leveling kit stacked with 24x12 and 38s and I had to trim a lot

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
I'm not too savvy with the offset measurements but I'm running a 2.5" coil spacer in the front and a 4" rear block and roughly 35's with stock 20's and plenty of room keep in mind the rims are stock. If i were you and set on that tire/wheel combo i would call the manufacturer and ask them they would prob know as I doubt your the first to ask that question or have the tire dealer mount one for you to make the decision. Alot of places can order them and send them back if you decide different after seeing how they mount. Good Luck!! post some pics after you decide!!

#5 ·
Stock wheels are 20x8 with positive offset. The problem you run into with stock wheels is rubbing the radius arms with wider tires. The problem you run into with a 14" wide wheel with -76mm offset is the corners of the fenders being in the way. The best way to get around this is lifting the body of the truck up high enough so the tires miss the fender corners. 2.5" lift is not near enough, and I doubt 4.5" would be enough. My guess is something like ICON's 7" lift would be more appropriate for such a wide wheel.

I would also suggest going with a different tire. A 325 is going to be pretty stretched on a 14" wide wheel. That tire is roughly 13" wide. Some people do it, but I personally would never do it.

#6 ·
Like Jeff said,
I would stick with 12" wide wheels a the max for those tires and even at that point would will need a 4" kit. Even better would be going with a 9 or 10" wide wheel with a zero offset if you want to stay at 2.5" of lift.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info guys ... I kinda knew in the back of my head that they wouldn't fit lol but still your never sure until you ask.. Well I guess here's my next question. What tire and wheel combo will give me that wide stance? Will a 20x10 with -44 off set work on a 35x12.50? Or what's the max wheel size I could do on a 35" tire?

#9 ·
You could run a 35/12.50 on a 10" wide wheel no problem. That is what most tire manufacturers recommend for a 12.5-13" wide tire. I have pics of 35/12.50/20 Toyo MT's on 20x10's with -19mm offset. That might help some. I felt they stuck out pretty good, but not an overbearing amount. I'll get some posted tomorrow sometime when I'm at my computer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.