Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and just purchased my first diesel truck a few days ago. It's an 01 F350 Super Duty Lariat with 7.3L Powerstroke. It came lifted, but it's to high for my liking; I want to eventually tow a goose neck, and the wife needs a step latter to get in. So I am trying to figure out how to drop it by 4-6 inches with maybe some 35s or even 33's.

Right now it has 37s mounted on 20s, the distance from the top of the tire to the wheel well is around 13 3/4 in, and the rear leafs have 3.5in blocks. Someone said it may be 8-10, but most of the kits I see in that range have 5in blocks.

Any idea how much lift is on here?

Attachments

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,549 Posts
If those are 37s" I will bet that it's an 8" lift. That's what my money is on.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,168 Posts
yup.
this is stock a 02 with 285/75R 16 tires (33 X 11.50 X 16):
2002.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As it turns out the kit is a 6.5 in pro comp lift. I found a part number on one of the shocks that is a pro-comp number, and the everything I see on it is consistent with a 6.5in kit.

Since this kit replaced the factory leaf springs, it looks like I will need a kit that will replace the rear springs which limits me to a 4" in kit and I can only ideally drop just a hair under 4", 2.5in from the kit and a little over an inch from the tire size (-1.35 from a 295/70 R18, 34.3in).

I looked at trying to get factory springs, but the cost is horrendous at almost $300 a spring form the auto parts store. There are some online sources for under $200, but then the shipping bring the cost to $450.

·
Administrator
9,168 Posts
What about a junk yard?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts