Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how much a F350 Lariat CC/SB should weigh empty? I installed leveling kit last night in my garage on my lift which is a 9000lb capacity lift but it didn't want to lift the truck up. Looks like I'm going to have to sell the lift and buy a bigger one like a 10000 or 12000 capacity.

Thanks

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Your good, should wiegh 8400 i think with everything on it in stock form, My truck is 8400 without a tailgate or spare, with the lift kit and wheels and tires. So probably 8600-8800 street weight

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I'm not good... the lift won't lift it up. With the front tires off it and the shocks/sway bar disconnected it would lift it up so must be those few hundred pounds of what the axle weighs is where the cutoff is on the lifting capacity. Know anyone who wants to buy a 9000lb 2 post lift?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
oh i missunderstood, i thought you didnt want to lift it, My dads lift is a 9000 pound lift and it lifted my buddies 09 F450 just fine, sounded a little strained but it did it. does the pump run and stuff?

Anyway if i lived in your area i would know someone interested but shipping would be killer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn't sound strained.. Must be the pump just bypasses once it reaches a certain limit. Doesn't look like there's any adjustment on it to crank it up a little either. I'm sure I can find someone around here that would like to have the lift. Then I can get a 10,000lb that has a little wider drive-thru clearance and be better off anyway.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Does truck weight count the weight of the fuel in the tank?

#2 diesel weighs about 7 lbs/gallon so there could be some extra weight...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could be a 9000 lb lift gross? Is it a 2 post or 4 post lift?
2 post lift... 9000 should be whatever the object placed on it weighs...

·
Registered
102 Posts
No I'm not good... the lift won't lift it up. With the front tires off it and the shocks/sway bar disconnected it would lift it up so must be those few hundred pounds of what the axle weighs is where the cutoff is on the lifting capacity. Know anyone who wants to buy a 9000lb 2 post lift?
Actually I'm interested. Would pick up my 2500lbs race car quite nicely. Shoot me a PM w/ lift info please.

·
NOT AT THE TABLE CARLOS
232 Posts
2008 F-350 crew cab, all the options, short bed, with 6" of lift, 37" Toyos, 18" KMCs, and no cat or dpf( good for 80lbs), weighed in at 8320 lbs. I used the scale at my city's transfer station.

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
All those ratings suck. I just turned my craftsman jack into a soda can. Its rated at 4500pds but would not lift the back of my truck so I could change a tire. Took it back and got the 6000. Cross my fingers if it works. LOL

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I installed my snow plow frame today.. Positioned the truck further back on the lift to distribute the load better and it lifted it right up without a problem... So I guess it's more my fault..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts