Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. Has anyone ever bought a sled or checked out the prices? Are there a lot of different models?

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
There is probably the old one in my hometown where they haven't pulled in years someone could get cheap haha. I am willing to be they are pricey like the two hauled into TS last year move back on there own power and transform to be towed back on the highway where they come from. I know the ones that dont move on their own are gonna be cheaper but then you need a tractor to move it back with haha.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I'd definately want bottom-of-the line... I'd only need it to be able to be towed back and forth between different events.

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
Bottom of the line is probably $25K for anything remotely worth a damn. A new sled like what you see at the big events is like $200K. Finding an old one for sale is the difficult part. Usually if they are for sale - its because they are so far broken that they are not worth fixing, or they just can't stop anything that you want to hook to it.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
25K isn't bad...

Has anyone ever looked into building one?

I was just getting ready to say, I've seen a few home-built ones. THey use tractor-trailer frames iirc.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
Hey Jap - when us rednecks need a test hook it usually involves chaining up to the back of an old bulldozer (no glass) and a brave operator that has a helmet and shoulder pads cowering down on the operator's platform so he can drop the blade as he is being yanked backwards. Just food for thought. (not recommended for regular use :D)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello this is Southern Truck and Tractor Puller Association...
I am new to this site and saw your post about a sled...
We do not have one for sell but, we do have some that can be rented for pulling event's!!! Also we are working on our 2010 pulling season calendar and are always looking for new puller's... please visit our website at Southern Truck & Tractor Pullers Association > Home
and our facebook page at Southern Tractor Puller's

Thanks Kim Parlier
704-902-1768

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Welcome!

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
i know of a nice self propelled older sled that went for 125k i believe. its an old love sled that dragon motorsports bought to have 2, thats the ones that have my 2.8 class.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts