Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name what tuner you are using and mods and how much it went up.. not your final number. Everyone has a different starting point, so it is the difference that I am interested in

·
Registered
1 Posts
My buddies got a 6.4 DPF delete Edge race evo went from 8-9 to 11-12 loaded. No longer have to pull into the slow lane for regens either!

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
spartan 275, 5inch back, s and b , hand calc 23mpg. ran from in to tn this week.

·
Registered
987 Posts
spartan 275, 5inch back, s and b , hand calc 23mpg. ran from in to tn this week.
Just curious, what average speed and what was your MPG before the delete and tuner?

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
Before- got 10-13 on the way home the day i bought it once i got home. avg 65 on the hiway. that latest calc avg about 75-80. interstate. 70 degree weather.

just running around the farm im getting about 18.... pretty good compaired to what it was!!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Nice!

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Started out at 10 no matter what I did. Did a S&B intake, DPF/CAT Delete pipe and a Spartan tuner on the 275 tune. If on the free way and going 70-75 hand calcuated I can get 20-21 to thats a diffrence of 10 MPG gained!

·
1,097 Posts
Did these efforts include removal or disabling the DPF?

Are 6.4s available with a six-speed and 4x2?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Did these efforts include removal or disabling the DPF?

Are 6.4s available with a six-speed and 4x2?
1) Not Sure on everyone's on here, but I imagine yes. Especially the ones with large gains.

2) I've seen a few, but very few.

·
It$ only money
763 Posts
my dealer has a 2wd, havent seen any 6 spds around here, was one on here forsale for a long time tho.

I think the mpg gain was worth my 2500 in parts..... going to save me alot of fuel costs!!! esp driving the beast 5000 miles a month!

·
1,097 Posts
5,000 miles a month? 60,000 miles a year?

That kind of mileage justifies nearly any mod that improves MPG - even if only by 0.5 MPG.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I put 5k on my truck this month and 9k in the last month and a half, but that's highly abnormal for me. That's crazy every month!

I'm hoping to net the same highway mileage as my 7.3 did. I'll update when I get the parts on! Right now I'm seeing about 13.2 at 70 with cruise on unloaded.

Your numbers make me want to spend a little more for the 275 tune. I think I'll just be running the in-the-box tunes (210) at first and see how the mileage goes, though.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have been running a bullydog PMT for the past few weeks temporarily till I figure out what I am going to do about the DPF. I am not overly happy with the way the truck shifts, the power is decent, but I did gain 2 mpg on the highway. I was fairly impressed with that. This is the only change i have done is the bullydog, dpf, cat and stock air filter are still as when I bought the truck

·
Registered
987 Posts
Got the parts ordered, should be here wed. I'll put a fresh tank in and update my in- town between now and then and an after. Won't have a good highway reading until mid-April, though.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts