Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed 180/30 injectors. I have a factory turbo with wicked wheel 2 ts with power hungry tunes. Intake exhaust down pipe etc. How much boost are you guys seeing with these injectors. I swear my gauge almost hit 40. I'm wanting to make sure I have the boost gauge hooked up in the right spot and it's working well. I have it spliced into the map sensor line.

·
Project Shamu
2,715 Posts
That's about right, I had 130ccs building 36-38psi.
Just know, that anything over 25-30psi, the turbo will not last long, could be minutes, could be months, but it wont last.

I babied mine for about 18months with a 360* rebuild kit and the same turbine you have, and it was toasted. After about 6 months it would only build 30psi. 18 months and it would barely build 20psi and had 1/8" of shaft play, it also made some barking when I let off in a high boost situation.

I also learned recently that 40psi out of the stock turbo is much different than 40psi out of a say, a T4 style turbo, because of outlet size. When I stepped up to Diesel Sites "Wicked Turbo", I went down in boost, but up in HP, just because i increase CFM and lowered drive pressures. Stock turbo is like a 2:1 drive:boost, whereas aftermarket turbos are closer to 1-1.2:1. Which means if your building 40psi out of the stock turbo, you must have close to 80psi in drive pressures, which I hope your valve springs are rated for that.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock valve springs. I only hit that much boost a few times. I Don't plan on doing it again. How do you like that dieselsite turbo? I would rather not do the whole t4 setup

·
Project Shamu
2,715 Posts
I love it, I went with the 66mm and its suppose to be for 160c+, but I have 130ccs and it is way better than the stock turbo, in almost every situation.

I can't wait to use it with 238/80% that I want to get, Bob at diesel site said it should run well up to even 250cc sticks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the 66mm version of the dieselsite wicked turbo much different than the factory turbo with a wicked wheel 2 In it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts