Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys use your trucks as daily drivers that are modified to high heaven ??

And what kind of problems have you had along the way? have any of you had to do engine rebuilds or tranny rebuilds because of all the power you have made? and how reliable/long has your trucks lasted after you had done the mods to it before you had to get stuff rebuilt...

I have a 1999 f-250 7.3L 4X4 that will be payed off in like 8 months and i want to get some stuff done to it... the truck has 101000 on it and it is my daily driver....I wanna get upgraded turbo,IC, Dp tuner,Hpops,and new tranny.........Am i looking to sacrifice anything as far as reliability goes and how long the engine will last.... I will drag race the truck occasionally.....and use it do some light towing as i only have a buggy,quad and a flatbed trailer i use.... i am looking to spend like 10000 dollars if it comes to that maybe more if i need to.......Any input would be appreciated.....

Thanks $and$hark

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I drove mine every day...towing up to 10K lbs job trailers all over the country with it.
It was very heavily modded and never missed a lick untill it threw a rod at 138,000 miles....oh yea...it was a 6.0 though

·
The Unseen Mod
4,123 Posts
Drove mine everyday not heavily modded like Richard but modded enough.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What did it cost you to get it rebuilt and did you get your engine back to what it was b/c in your sig it says lightly modified? is that just a cover up lol?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My F450 is my everyday driver modded some what and besides a hole in one piston not many problems at all :ford:
Wasn't that caused by to much propane usage or something lol??? Think i remember you telling me that.....as far as modded somewhat i think it is modded mroe than my truck will ever be hehe....

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
What did it cost you to get it rebuilt and did you get your engine back to what it was b/c in your sig it says lightly modified? is that just a cover up lol?
Just a kinda tongue-in-cheek thing.
It's costing a small fortune to fix it...because I'm putting in an extensively modded CR Cummins.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
DD here, up to 120 miles daliy. I'm hoping to cut that back a bit with a new house.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a kinda tongue-in-cheek thing.
It's costing a small fortune to fix it...because I'm putting in an extensively modded CR Cummins.
Nice sounds fun.....well i suppose then i should just suck it up and send my truck in at the end of the year lol....

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
I use mine everyday. Still tow here and there.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Mine is DD I beat on it daily and it has a tune that is not very fuel efficiant, way too smokey.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts