Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
PSA
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, how many miles do you guys have on your 6.4s? Im looking at a few "high mileage" trucks (80-100k) and wondering if you guys have ran into any issues yet and what I should be looking out for.

Thanks in advance

·
Darwin was right
50 Posts
Only 55,000 so far. But no issues. None. The only work I've done to my 08 is oil and filter every 4500, fuel filters every 10,000. Regular tire rotations. 3 air filters. Couple sets of wiper blades. Thats about it. I also drain the water seperator every oil change. They don't like water. The factory says 20,000 on fuel filters...uh...no. They also say 10,000 on oil if under ideal conditions. Not gonna happen. 5,000 is pushing it. Regeneration will dilute the fuel quickly. A used truck should have all service records, receipts, and you will want to do an OASIS report through Ford on the truck to be sure all TSB's have been addressed. And any outstanding recalls. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got 62,000. ABS light is on, power steering feels weird and belt squeeks. Might also be putting on my second set of brakes, I do pull trailers around often. Honestly, I feel like I bought a 60,000 mile truck and now it is gonna be a money pit. If I was looking at a higher mileage 6.4 I would make sure I knew how to work on them and had a lift available to pull the cab. I love my truck and will have it for a long time hopefully but I wouldn't buy one again.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
52k Miles on mine, had a couple issues already and still has some that need fixing

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
Just rolled over 88,000 on mine. It's a June 2007 build date, had 74,000 when I bought it in December. Only issue it had was a leaking radiator that was replaced under warranty.

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
My buddys Haliburton shop truck has about 125k on it...Only problems were the tranny was replaced @ 60k.

·
Registered
429 Posts
76,000 miles on mine, 2 rads, leaky oil pan plug, and front drive shaft. Nothing to bad thou!!! Mine has been tuned for 40,000 miles or so!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts