Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I measured the inside of my truck at an idle, windows up, at about 90 dB. It's hard for me to talk on the phone or have a conversation in the truck when going down the road. Has anyone else measured to see how loud there truck is? I've sound the sound dampening. Material on the firewall and in the cab as well. Just seeing if I'm just picky or am I missing something on my swap to keep the sound down

FYI: its an 04 f250 with a 94 12v and a zf6

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
408 Posts
I measured the inside of my truck at an idle, windows up, at about 90 dB. It's hard for me to talk on the phone or have a conversation in the truck when going down the road. Has anyone else measured to see how loud there truck is? I've sound the sound dampening. Material on the firewall and in the cab as well. Just seeing if I'm just picky or am I missing something on my swap to keep the sound down

99/24v
fairly noisy. Little worse than same vintage dodge. Got sound dampening material here, just have to get the chance to get it in.

FWIW, 2 sentences you wrote make no sense.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Gota love typing on the iPads lol. I ment "I've put sound dampening material on the firewall and in the cab as well."

·
Registered
408 Posts
Gota love typing on the iPads lol. I ment "I've put sound dampening material on the firewall and in the cab as well."

Ive heard doors, and back of the cab are the biggest contributor to noise. However, if I saw correctly on another forum, your drivetrain hits the cab. If thats the case, get that fixed, that will resonate the whole cab and nothing will get it quiet.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm putting a new floor hump in today so we'll see how that helps. The vibration alone is annoying from the trans. I might put another layer of sound dampening down in the cab as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mine is nice and quiet. I painted the floor with herculiner, not sure if it helped that much. It's important the the trans and T-case boots are in good shape and secured well.

With a 12v it's probably just gonna be noisy.??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts