Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does it take to clean a turbo by a factory trained diesel tech?? Ford has had my 03 F-250 for 5 working days. This seems a little ridiculous to me. Good thing I have an extended warranty and Ford is picking up the bill.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
For the 6.0 turbos its kinda a PITA. It took me about 3 hours to clean mine really well then i had to reinstall everything, all together it took from start to finish around 5 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks to me like the diesel tech must be taking his sweet a$$ time. good thing its under warranty.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
This guy is definently taking his sweet a$$ time...

I takes me less than 2 hours to pull the truck in, remove the turbo, disassemble it, clean and inspect all the parts, re-assemble it, put it back in the truck and take it for a test drive to verify proper operation.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Like Inc said, it is a pain in the ***, but it shouldnt take them that long. Sat was the first day I pulled mine out, put a 64mm in, and did fuel lines that took me about 8hrs to get everything right etc. We got the stocker out in less then 3 hrs

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
It would also depend on the shop's work load. At the dealer I've had my work done down the road there is only 1 diesel tech that works there believe it or not. And they are always behind on their diesel repairs. Not sure if other techs can do it or not though?

·
HONDA HUNTER
308 Posts
the guy is taking his time because of the warranty

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
usually ford wont rebuild or clean your turbo. usually they replace it. ford techs replace parts they dont rebuild them. it pretty easy to clean the turbo. you probably should have done it yourself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got the truck back after a week. Can tell a little difference on how it runs. It does seem not to be as noisy. It's a good thing this was done under extended warranty or I would of had to get a stimulus package to pay for it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I am sure it was not the only one in there. It seems pretty damn ridiculous that when they thought it was not under warranty they called immediately saying it would take a day and a half and cost a little over $500. When I told them I had an extended warranty, they said they would have to get back with me. Well, that blew a couple hours because they couldn't find the warranty info. They had just worked on it 2 weeks earlier. I guess the warranty info had just mysteriously disappeared. You would have thought it would have been in their computer. It was just very aggravating that they had it for 7 working days to do a routine job that should have taken 8 hours or so according to other dealers.
Put yourself in my place and see how it feels.
This is the first Ford I have had in 19 years, I now remember why I changed to Chevy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts