Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is getting close to the end of the year and I am curious how all you have done this year??

Is your overall gross up or down for the year??

I just looked over our gross "Year to Date" for last and so far this year and I was AMAZED at how much of a increase we have had this year. We are currently UP right at $200,000 for the year over what we were last year at this time.

I am was just wondering if you guys have seen the same kind of increase this year??

As much as I see and hear about the economy being so bad I was really shocked at how much of a increase we have had. But I guess we are doing a lot more shop work now in our new shop. We have been booked solid 2-3 weeks ahead of time for the past several months and always have around 5-10 trucks just setting here from walk-ins we work in between scheduled trucks.

Anyways, I was just curious how business was every where else?? I really hope business is going as good or better for all of you.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does no one else want to share how they are doing??

Sorry if this is not a subject you all don't want to discuss. I am a open book and don't care to discuss stuff like this with others.

I was just curious how you all were doing in other parts of the country.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is GREAT to here guys...

We have been growing more and more every year. Last year we were up well over $100,000 compared to the year before. And now $200,000 more this year than last year is something I deffinantly was not expecting.

My Goal for last year was $500,000 total gross but we did not make it. So I had the same goal this year and with this year going the way it has we are going go to be WAY above and beyond that.

I am actually VERY excited and proud I guess. Come January it will be 7 years since I started this business with nothing more than $800.00 and have never borrowed a dime from the bank for the business.

Please don't take me wrong. I am not bragging at all. I am just REALLY Proud of my business and reputation we have. I have worked hard to get where I am at. It makes me feel good every day when new people walk in the doors going on about all the good things they have heard about us.

Advertising works and does help but a good reputation and lots of happy Customers telling others is the key to everything for sure.

Now I will say that since we moved into the bigger shop and have growed so much more so quick my spending capital for parts and stuff has taken a big hit. I have figured out that when you go from a shop where you have 2 trucks tore down at a time to a shop where you can have 4 tore down and still have room for 2-3 others coming in and out it takes a lot more money to keep up and it has stretched me out too far a few times. But I think this will all level out and catch up by the first of the year.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Congrats! Glad to hear the new shop is working out. We also moved into a larger shop (9,000 sq/ft) last September and I figured we would be good to go for a while. We have out grown that already. We picked up the 8,000 square foot building next door and are in the process of moving our store and offices into it and keeping the shop where it is. I just finished hooking up the last internet and phone connection which is my office and am testing the internet connection out. We have been very lucky. My first shop, which is now used for warehousing, was 2,000 square feet. Our new office space is 2,000 square feet. I'm not sure if 15 hour days 360 days a year is really paying off or not, but we sure are growing. :)

We are still waiting on office furniture that costs way more than I would have ever imagined and some other things that are one order. We still have truckloads of products to move from next door. I know what you are saying about overhead and spending capital. We have all this going on and my wife is 6 months pregnant with our first. I have hired Captain Morgan on as a full time consultant. :)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang sounds like you are really doing good. I love to hear of other shops doing so good.

I been working on buying out a fabrication across the road from my shop. Wanting to do this for a couple reasons. The shop we moved into a few months back is 6000 sq. ft. and we keep it packed pretty much full time. The old shop was only 2400 sq.ft. and I still have half of that to store my 3 pulling trucks.

The shop I am trying to buy out is 8000 sq. ft. and it has a 2 bedroom apartment built in along with a large auto paint booth and sits on 5 acres. They currently do custom fabrication and build steel tornado shelters for in your home. If I get this done I will keep a couple of the main guys building the storm shelters for income, move into the apartment, start doing spray in bed liners and use the rest of the shop for over-run from the other shop, store my toys like pulling trucks and any other projects I want to work on.

And I prefer to use Jack Daniels as my consultant. LOL

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Been our best year ever! God has most certainly blessed us with tons of business and amazing customers!

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
I might also mention that after making God my full time consultant, I net more profit have less stress and only work Monday thru Friday 9-6. Kinda hard to argue with those kind of results.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
were about the same as last year as of right now... got a lil bit more than a month left to the year so ill be a lil over then last year...

but its also only me doing it and its a part time deal... i still have my full time construction business which has gotten very busy....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts