Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Like Garrett said, hardest part is the sensors, the rest is pretty straight forward. If its gonna be a couple days before you do it, I got some PB blaster and sprayed my sensors for a couple days before I got mine and they popped right out. I used a line wrench that got all the way around them and didnt try to round them off. But just drop your hangers and everything will slide right out.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I could prob do it within a hour.Some people im sure could do it in half that time. Not hard at all.. just unplug the sensors and the hangers and will slide right out

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I unbolted mine with the hangers on it still. when it needs to go to the dealer i can drop my pipe and have the crap back in within twenty minutes. also put some copper high heat anitsieze on ur sensors when u put them in it helps when it comes to tack them out again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did mine in about an hour with a floor jack(to hold the heavy sucka up), a ratchet strat(to pull the exhaust back) and a 13mm Line wrench(for the sensors). Make sure you soak the sensors the night before and unbolt the holders and not try to pull them off the rubber hangers and its a snap. GOOD TIMES

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I did mine in about an hour with a floor jack(to hold the heavy sucka up), a ratchet strat(to pull the exhaust back) and a 13mm Line wrench(for the sensors). Make sure you soak the sensors the night before and unbolt the holders and not try to pull them off the rubber hangers and its a snap. GOOD TIMES
:whs:Dont bother pulling it out of the hangers. take the hangers off it looks alot cleaner that way an is easier. if ur truck is stock or leveled its easy to put it on a creeper then roll it out.

·
Registered
799 Posts
i'll be different than the rest and say the hardest part is the DAMN top bolt of the two where the cat bolts to the downpipe.
mine was a PITA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts