Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your truck, how hard have you ran it, and what has the results been. Include your mods if its not in your sig. I will go first.

03 6.0
SCT
Intake,
Exhaust,
Studs
Nitrous
305/55/20's
3:73 gears
Intercooler
Fuel system from DJ
77000 miles

30+ runs down the track, 20 or more with NOS
4 wheel launches on all of them
Regularly see 1400 + on the Pyro
Regularly run it pretty good, I like accelerating.
Cost me one tranny at 36,000 miles, (Edge attitude from 5k to 36000)
Had a few lazy injectors, and a turbo sticking, but thats it.

Just added:
Casserly 190 injectors
Beans Turbo
John Wood Tranny with Billet input shaft
Welded EGR, and Up Pipe

We will see how it holds up.

OK, your turn, and before you ask, yes, I am scared chitless of my new mods. Look what they did to Richard.

I asked this on Comp D also, just curious.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i dont baby my truck but i sure as hell dont try to kill it. i mean im not knockin ur driving skill its ur truck but dang man u can only push it so hard. ive hit 1400 once or twice but for only like 5 sec. then i let off.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
What gets me is when people come in asking to upgrade their 1600 degree pyro to a 2000 degree pyro.....if this is REALLY an issue youre facing..then it really shouldnt matter lol.

I run the crap out of mine, but im not totally beligerent with it. peg the pyro once a day, but never for minutes on end.

·
Oil anyone?
416 Posts
Done 5 truck pulls all with the Insanity tune from tadd. still have stock head bolts and gaskets for now.

·
Corona Killa
1,727 Posts
I drive my truck like I stole it. I peg my pyro gauge in the morning going to work and on the way home after work. So far I've only killed some tires and a alt

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Mine see's 15-1600+ 5-6 times a day, I run the living piss out off it!!! I love it other than a exaust leak and a oil Leak no real problems.......yet mods are in the sig. blue bottle is next!!!

·
Street Terror
64 Posts
I only run mine hard if I am by myself or with some:eek::hehe:body.

·
Street Terror
64 Posts
Not yet. I have not been back to the 1/4 since I ran the 11.51.

·
Registered
232 Posts
1st on race day waht do u run with ur setup and no nitrous

·
Street Terror
64 Posts
I have not run this setup without nitrous at the track. When I had stage 2's it ran 12.63 without nitrous. I think it would still run about the same with the stage 3's and no nitrous, maybe a little faster.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Before I got my John Deere this truck did a ton of farm work. Pulled a 12" chipper up and down the side of our mountain. Pulled many tree stumps. Now I have a tractor to do this kind of stuff so, I do not have to use my truck for that type of work.
Since completing the mods on the link in my sig I have been pretty easy. I like to take performance runs occasionally and am working up to a WOT run in my biggest tune. Typically I drive fast anyway. So I guess to answer your original question, I drive aggressive all of the time but rarely beat on it.
It gives me relief that others do run really hard so I know I am alright.

·
WHAT???
1,833 Posts
My truck has made about 100 or more passes down the track this year and hooked to the sled a few times with no problems, a powersteering leak but i dont really consider that a cotastrophy.

But if you were looking for 6L's a friend of mine has a SCT, MP8, injectors from Swamps, intake and exhaust and runs the piss out of it with no problems, but he has head studs as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts