Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Blueoval2004
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just looking to see how it has performed for the 6.0, are there any issues with it what do I need to look out for while running it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
There junk!! Sct or nothing!!!

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
I believe they apply to much timing. Dont waste your money.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
I am sorry for the hijack here but could you please explain "to much timing"? I dont get how we control timing on our trucks other than that term meaning that the injectors are energized longer so more fuel is injected per cycle. If that what it means then I'm good to go but just want to be sure. I keep seeing that term and need to know what it means. Thanks.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Oh by the way SCT w/Custom tunes or NOTHING!!!!!!

·
Blueoval2004
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm getting it for free from a ford diesel technician he has ran it on his 2004 excursion for 3 years and said it was great for him just winter to see what y'all thought!!! I'll be getting sct with innovative tunes I'n the near future!

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
TO be honest, its a realm I really never got into. Adjusting pulse width, etc but alot of the old tuners were straight pumping fuel for more power, which leads to melted pistons and other effects, a vendor that writes to probably can better answer your question about that.

·
Blueoval2004
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't plan on running it on 10 just like 5 to get me alittle more power untill I'm done bullet proofing it, I just need studs and head gaskets.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
I am sorry for the hijack here but could you please explain "to much timing"? I dont get how we control timing on our trucks other than that term meaning that the injectors are energized longer so more fuel is injected per cycle. If that what it means then I'm good to go but just want to be sure. I keep seeing that term and need to know what it means. Thanks.
Timing is referring to how many degrees before top dead center the piston making the compression stroke is when the injection cycle begins..... pulse width modulation is measured in milliseconds and that is what you are referring to by energizing the spool valves for a longer time, although doing so can also hurt performance and make for a smokier tune.....

Rule of thumb is the faster you can empty the fuel you are requesting through the nozzle the better..

i.e. if you are wanting to put 238cc of fuel into the chamber in .68ms then you have to equate what nozzle is capable of doing so and matching it to the injector.....

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
I wouldn't even put it on my truck even if I got it for free! :doh:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I wouldn't even put it on my truck even if I got it for free! :doh:
true..... there is a reason he is giving it to you...... in the end, you will really be getting it. just do a search on here and see how many folks have had bad luck with these junk tuners. I had an edge juice with attitude, I thought it was bad azz until (after being warned) I had to put a tranny in my truck. So listen to the advice, or do whatever you can afford......

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The reason he I's getting rid of it I's cuz he up graded to biggest turbo and injector combo so he needed the sct,
why would he need a SCT then? he could just turn it up..... like everyone has said, steer clear of it, and like i said.... do what ever you can afford. I know you said you wouldnt turn it up..... but come on.... its like saying "I promise I will only stick the tip in" never happens like that

·
Blueoval2004
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much does it cost to get the ficm upgraded to the 58v and I's there anything that needs to be done along with that!

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
I know you said you wouldnt turn it up..... but come on.... its like saying "I promise I will only stick the tip in" never happens like that
LOL LOL LOL i cant tell you how many times ive said that in my life. Kind sir might i be able to use this in my sig? :bowfast:

·
matt
911 Posts
I had a bully dog and two trannys back to back!! SCT or nothing!!! Unless you hate your tranny.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts