Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought extreme street tune for my 2006 f-350 dually 6.0 with manual transmission, everything's stock besides the gutted cat/muffler. I was just wondering how it runs on your trucks, on my truck it has alot of lag but once it hits like 2200-2300 it takes off. Another thing is when its up in the rpms when i let off, it like has a delayed reaction and doesn't idle back down, i have to wait a few seconds after i let off the pedal to shove the clutch in to shift.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
mine runs great! the street type tunes won't really kick in till around that RPM range that way normal daily driving is still managable but when you get into it...hold on!:tree:

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
My street tune is pretty good with my 6 speed , but i found that if you just roll into the throttle smooth , it reacts better than mashing it to the floor . Don't notice any carry over or delay after getting off the throttle .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea but I ran the canned performance tune that my SF3 came with and that tune was great for low end power, it pulled pretty hard and had almost no lag but it had a issue in the upper rpm with it fading in and out so i had Eric make me up some custom tunes. but i am not sure if i like all the lag, especially for pulling out on hills and what not, i don't like to slip the clutch to hard and the canned performance tune i could pretty much not even give it gas and let the clutch out normal. Also another thing, I don't have an exhaust temp gauge yet, do I have to worry bout exhaust temps getting to hot, i am not hauling anything with it and if i do i am turning it down to the tow tune i have. Like i said I have gutted cat/muffler. Thanks

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
Mines an 06 350 dually manual w/ 4:10's Erics street tune runs lower egts than the agg tow and stock. (just truck not towing) Haven't towed any thing heavy yet to see how egts compare. I would recommend getting an insight with an egt probe or some gauges though.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
unless you got some way good tuning witch is hard to fine 6.0's have horrible lag. mine always did stock and tuned. a full turbo back pipe would help out with the lag a little though.i always had guages and unless i tuned it up pretty high and got into never had a problem. i towed 16k with it to... an egt gauge is a good idea though just to be safe. with all i herd about 6.0's i never let my egts get over 1290. alot of people go higher than that and its okay to but i always liked being safe with the 6.0.

·
Registered
772 Posts
runs great. innovative tuning is the best out there...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I love the way my extreme street runs. It has a little bit of lag, but once it lites, hold on.

·
burning mine saving yours
183 Posts
Well i figured it was time to try Innovatives tunes out, ordered Xtreme, Street, and a Tow tune. Can't wait until i get home off shift, the drive home should be fun:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts