Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious how well you think the following setup will work, i.e. Power Output, towing ability, EGTs, spool up, etc:

A batmowheeled 62/70 non-VGT turbo (sorry, I'm not very versed in turbine wheel sizes so feel free to expand on that)

190cc injectors with 75% nozzles (not sure on nozzle size as I may do a twin setup later, hence the 190s. And even with twin turbos, I would only be looking for ~575HP on fuel only.)

GoGo Stage 1 Intake Manifold

My goal is at least 500 RWHP if not over, with quick spool up and over 400 RWHP for towing. I presume the injectors can be turned down to keep EGTs in check and of course the truck would be tuned.

·
Registered
922 Posts
you will be well over 500 with that set up closer to 6. for towing 190 is as big as you want to go and im sure you know that. set up looks good to me!

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
that will be my setup, a 62/65/70 spools super quick with the right tuning

190/75's will be perfectly fine with the right runing.

·
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that is good to know. I mostly concerned with spool up time since we all know that non-VGTs flow plenty up top.

What about the 62mm non-VGT turbo that RCD sells? Would that be a good turbo for this application or should I stick with a bullseye batmowheel and just get the RCD pedastal kit? I know on their website they only call for 155 injectors but like I said, I would plan to have those tuned down.

What do you all think boost would reach with such a turbo? I am thinking close to 40 psi, which if it made that I would be happy.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
the rcd turbos are fine, just make sure you get the .70 housing, anything larger will be too laggy.

No one that I know has tested the 62 batmowheel, but the Industrial 62/70 is tried and true and is well known to make over 500 hp and be great for towing even with 190's. Im going with that single to start so i can build compounds down the road.

·
Registered
922 Posts
id go with the batmo just because i dont like RCD and wont deal with them but thats just me

·
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that and the batmo probably flows more. Nevertheless, I still like how RCD mounts their turbos but that is nothing more than my opinion.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
rcd's turbos are great actually... I would just go with the bat and buy BD's pedestal. Doug was supposed to be making his won mount kit.

·
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rcd's turbos are great actually...
Are you serious or being facicous? Couldnt tell. I should point out that I am only looking to tow when I do tow at most 12k lbs. That would be great to see what Doug has cooked up.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I can get you Warren injectors I'm running 190/50 on mine now and towed about 12k over the weekend it worked fine. I have a 65mm Vgt turbo with them.

·
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh ok. Didnt know with all the hard feelings for RCD that you find on here. I know it is mostly dealing with their injectors but still... That is good to know their turbos are ok.

·
Registered
772 Posts
It is a good combo. I ran it for a little while in my truck. I had 190s/100 but ran great until other issues (unrelated to the power) came up. There is still a bit of a dead spot in that 45-55 mph range but that is with most non vgt's. I had an industrial 62/70 and it was a great turbo. You wont be able to hit 600 hp with that turbo as mentioned before. 500-525 would be much more realistic. It is real fun combo. Still enough fuel for a little fun with nitrous too....

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
190's flow alot of fuel you'd be surprised what you can do with them. I rant he 64mm yrs ago from RCD and had a HUGE dead spot honestly in that mph range, we actually messed with the shift points keep the truck in a higher RPM before shift just to keep it lite. Id stick with the 62/70 like stated its be tested and proven. Sam you get your truck back together. Since last we talked.

·
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea 500-525HP would be perfect provided it spooled quick enough and if tuned to say 420HP and could still tow 12k, then I wouldnt think I would need much else. I would just have to watch EGTs once I hooked up.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
The thing is tuning has come a LONG way so these dead spots are more than likely a thing of the past... I wish I had the extra cash to spend on a turbo :doh:

·
Registered
922 Posts
you and me both pizza! the powermax is about all i can afford after i do injectors

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i say you should buy a set of 340cc hybrids, a custom trans(fully built), s366 or an s510 and have a blast

1 - 20 of 29 Posts