Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do the lines come off of the fitting in the head and on the HPOP? Where can one be purchased at? What is it called? Thanks.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I did it with a modified scredriver (I sharpened the edge down like a chisel). slid it in the thin gap and twisted it. It worked perfect.

The real tool looks like a small pickle fork. The ends of the fork are really nice edges. You just kind shove it in and it seperates. Kinda like a chisel with a slot cut in the middle of it.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
After the last fiasco this should be a snap :poke::poke:

btw- Don called tonight for an update, said he thinks he has the tool

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Do you know where this can be purchased? Snap-On?
You can get one here But take a look at how easy it is to make. I used 1X8X1/8 inch metal stock and drilled a 1/2 inch hole in one end and then cut that end off leaving a bit more than half of the hole. Look at the tool and you will see what I mean. I don't make everything I don't have, but for things like this it is too easy and your done.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
If you're only replacing the o-rings for the HPOP fittings you do not need to remove the lines from the fittings. You can turn the fittings off with the lines attached since they swivel 360* on the fittings themselves.

·
Canadian Stroker
577 Posts
Where is the best place to get the o-rings. Mine looks like it is leaking where it screws into the drivers side head.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Where is the best place to get the o-rings. Mine looks like it is leaking where it screws into the drivers side head.
Thanks
The HPOP o-rings are available in a kit with the loctite from Ford. I am sure you can get them from Guzzle as well.

You will want to fix that leak soon, if it gives way you will have a huge issue and a huge mess.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The HPOP o-rings are available in a kit with the loctite from Ford. I am sure you can get them from Guzzle as well.

You will want to fix that leak soon, if it gives way you will have a huge issue and a huge mess.
Amen. When mine went I didn't know it. Came out to leave and there must have been a gallon on the driveway and a mess in the valley.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts

I third that. That's why I bought extras. They will leave you in the worst place.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts