Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I think he knew- being a cab over,

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
thank God it was raining, and looked like a fuel truck no less!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Maybe that dick will think twice about cutting off the guy in the semi for the 10th time come next time...

I imagine that's what was going on there. Little bit of a lesson in vehicle sizes and respect...

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
I have personaly seen similar instances twice. One car was pushed sideways down the highway as that one was. Another car was pushed through an intersection from the rear. LOL I don't think either was pushed that far though.

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
It's entirely possible that he didn't see the car, the blind zone is actually quite big even if it is a cab over. I've experienced a couple of times having cars cutting infront of me from the right hand lane suddenly appearing infront of me after a bit since they're going faster. There are on certain cab overs like 6-7 yards or more long blind zone in front of you.

Would've thought he felt the impact though... Must've thought he hit a badger or something.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'll go fire up our COE at work, who wants to be the test dummy? The blind spot is large in front of the cabover, but fairly certain I'd be able to see a car, but can't give 100% on that, I'll make note of that, and check it out tomorrow...

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
I'll go fire up our COE at work, who wants to be the test dummy? The blind spot is large in front of the cabover, but fairly certain I'd be able to see a car, but can't give 100% on that, I'll make note of that, and check it out tomorrow...
Depends on the type of cabin I suppose, the Scania's I have driven, and in most cases the Volvo's and Merc's too have a rather large blind zone. By law we now have a mirror attached to so we can see everything in front.

I can't find the pictures from a report that was made about 6 months ago, but it clearly showed where a semi would have to stop to have a totally clear view of a crossing. The space could easily have hidden a normal sedan, quite possibly an estate, especially if the driver had his seat reclined, which they normally have.

·
oilfield trucker
849 Posts
I highly doubt you would'nt be able to tell that car was in front of you. Jeeze when you hit a bump you should be able to feel the car rattling against the front of the truck, and if thats the truck you normally drive you should be able to tell its not opperating normally. It should feel like you've got an axle dragging or it's a little short of power.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I highly doubt you would'nt be able to tell that car was in front of you. Jeeze when you hit a bump you should be able to feel the car rattling against the front of the truck, and if thats the truck you normally drive you should be able to tell its not opperating normally. It should feel like you've got an axle dragging or it's a little short of power.
Maybe it was open road and he was on the limiter before the car decided it wanted some of that action. In that case the only indication might be a bit more turbo whistle, if even that, lol.

Or... if it was on full throttle and throttle lock you wouldn't tell except for whistle and such, but just the same, with a little pos car on a wet road.... maybe not even another 2lbs of boost to shove it along.

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
That trucker had to be able to see that car. I think it's pretty funny though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts