Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vents on the rear of the console don't seem to move any warm air to the rear passengers. Am I missing something here?

I would like to send some warm air to my daughter in the back but they don't seem to work on any setting.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Diesel junkie!!!
613 Posts
On my 12 they blow air when the front is on the vent setting. They don't blow a massive amount compared to the front though. You could set it to floor and vent then close some of the front vents to push more air to the rear.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I guess they aren't very effective by design then. It's good to know that it isn't broken.

·
Registered
219 Posts
U could have a small leak in the plastic/fiberglass duct work?? Jus a thought??
I had that problem when I got my 00' Excursion on the rear roof vents, it was deff a PITA 2 find, but was noticeably better after I fixed the prob area..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did try what he suggested and that does work. Thanks, JCC01. There is a little 8 year old girl with a smile on her face now! She loves it.

With all the thought they put into these trucks, one would think that they would make vents that actually work well for them. These trucks are used as family haulers as much as trailers ect., if not more, at least in my world.

Floor heating vents would be nice for the rear too. My wife's Toyota Rav 4 had them years ago. It is one of those things that stick out in my mind as being "nice" about owning that car.

I know I have opened myself up to being "Flamed" here as trucks are still trucks, however, at a sticker price of $60K plus, I think they could add some floor vents for the kids, or at least console vents that work...

·
Diesel junkie!!!
613 Posts
Lol... these trucks do have floor vents. I didn't realize that fact until I was sweeping the carpet. I know my kids appreciate the rear heat and air in extreme weather. I upgraded from a supercab that had nothing in the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts