Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
All Talk, No Walk?
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Darn shifter knob broke on me this morning. It looks like I can unplug the wires and unscrew the broken part. Am I even close? LOL

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
My buddie's did this in his F-150. We used gorilla glue haha still holding to this day you just got to know shift down into drive using more of the bar not the end haha.

·
All Talk, No Walk?
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only reason it broke was because my linkage is just a hair out of wack, so sometimes it doesn't completely go into park, unless I slam it just a bit. I felt it loose the other day, but didn't think nothing of it, till it broke on me this morning... :doh:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Only reason it broke was because my linkage is just a hair out of wack, so sometimes it doesn't completely go into park, unless I slam it just a bit. I felt it loose the other day, but didn't think nothing of it, till it broke on me this morning... :doh:
While you're at the dealership getting a shifter pick up the plastic alignment bushings. (I don't really know what they are called) but they hold the shift rod in the column in place, it helps a lot. Also look under the dash where the steering column enters it you will see the shift rod linkage make sure it's nice and snug.

Someone on here has a couple of good pics. Hopefully they'll see this and post....

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
I can fix anything, where's the duct tape?

·
<---mud
297 Posts
super glue works fine for that.

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
same thing happened to me.. superglue still hoding a year later!

·
Registered
486 Posts
HA HA RYAN!!!!!, must be the Iowa heat!!, Mine did the same thing sunday afternoon!!!!!!!!, SAME EXACT THING!!!!lol, Mine will be getting superglued back together, and some electrical tape over it!, good luck with yours!.......

·
All Talk, No Walk?
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Must be :hehe:

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
I had the bolts under the dash come loose on me. There is also an adjustment on the transmission that you can make easly to adjust were the shifter is in relation to the trans. Good luck Ryan.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Adjust the linkage at the trans so it goes into park as it should when you are done.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Boy that sounds nice and safe, get the bushings, they are a whole $5. And get a new shifter, the wiring where it comes out of the stalk in the column is most likely almost worn through. :poke:

Dave

·
Banned
24 Posts
new shift lever,use your old od switch,remove top and bottom covers,unplug the 2 wire connector,drive out the pivot pin.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts