Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 6 in straight up stainless steel stacks on my truck and when i try to buff them with metal polish they come out with wierd marks on them what can i do?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
First make sure to put your bare hand inside them and clean them out good....
Sorry I felt the need.

If they are stainless you should get some stainless polish, and when you are done, buff the piss out of them to get all the polish off, they should look nice then. The polish usually dulls them and can leave streaks..

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
adams spray glaze is all i use on my stacks!! If i am not miss taken i think adams to the sprayer off and just put a cap on to make it easyer but any its great stuff

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i have 6 in straight up stainless steel stacks on my truck and when i try to buff them with metal polish they come out with wierd marks on them what can i do?
I like to use a white t shirt and wrap it around the stack and pull it on both sides... works great with a quick detail spray

·
Registered
788 Posts
I use Windex to get the soot off first, then hit them with Turtle Wax Chrome Polish. Works great for me.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Zep has a stainless steel polish you can get at home depot for pretty cheap.

I would clean all the soot off first then just hand buff that stuff. Works good at work.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wont that just kill the chrome finish? I know it will eat right through anodizing from experience. Dont know about chrome
I have used it on chrome stainless aluminum and painted surfaces. Just dont leave it on to long on aluminum and stainless. Try a small patch out first.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
ive used oven cleaner and all kinds a stuff. works good for cleaning. then i use never dull or blue magic to polish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts