Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I just got done installing a gauge pod/boost gauge (Auto Meter) and first off, i read in the ITP diesel site that the center wire (blue with red stripe) was the dash illumination wire....which at first, seemed to work with the test light....then, i couldn't get anything from that wire (no blown fuses) and i found that the yellow wire dimmed and got brighter with the dash control....any way, did i screw something up? Also, the boost gauge shows 10Lbs. boost with a decent take off speed, 5lbs.at 50 mph on level road....at idle almost 0.....tightened all the fittings, no leaks that i can tell, didn't crack anything......is this normal for a 2002 7.3 with a 6637 mod,4" MBRP turbo back exhaust, air intake heater removed, plugged with the boost hooked into the plug.....sorry if i didn't describe it very well....rsbhunter:confused:

http://www.itpdiesel.com/other/7.3L%20Gauge%20Kit%20Instructions.pdf

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
Boost sounds about right. Where did you install the wires going to the truck?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you click on the link in the first post, at the bottom of the instructions it shows the elec connector where the wires are to be used for illumination....as soon as it gets dark enough, i'll check to see that everything works ....rsbhunter...thanks for the info about boost

1 - 3 of 3 Posts