Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I hear the LML has a tiny turbo too. Looks like the engineers broke out the slide rule on making target power with these things with little to no lag.
...and little or no room for tuners to get monster numbers and break things.

·
QUITTER :)
873 Posts
Where there is demand, there will be supply. I'm sure once these 6.7 put down a decent number with tunes, the demand for air will quickly be filled with something and poof! The bug hits, and before you know it these will be laying down 1k+. Haha just a theory :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Of course there is going to be upgraded turbos for this thing. This motor with a bigger turbo will put the 6.4 and any other diesel on the road to shame!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Of course there is going to be upgraded turbos for this thing. This motor with a bigger turbo will put the 6.4 and any other diesel on the road to shame!
Probably, but that gives FoMoCo an out on not having to warranty broken chit.

·
Moved in
1,008 Posts
So Ford has admitted that they will not warranty any vehicle that breaks while on a tuner?
It's going to depend on your dealer and Ford's policy regarding warranty work. I am willing to bet that there will be fewer service departments looking the other way on broken modded trucks in their shops for warranty work.

·
Registered
935 Posts
It's going to depend on your dealer and Ford's policy regarding warranty work. I am willing to bet that there will be fewer service departments looking the other way on broken modded trucks in their shops for warranty work.
Yup, my dealer was threatening to void mine because I do my own fuel filters. Idiots.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was asking as you had stated that if you are maxing out your factory turbo you are already into warranty voiding land. Considering how the 6.7's turbo looks like they designed it to make the target power and not much more I would ASSume that it would only take a mild tune for it to be maxed out airflow wise.

I had heard rumors that they will be denying claims for vehicles that have tunes. Thought perhaps they had made an official statement through the dealers on how to handle this issue.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was asking as you had stated that if you are maxing out your factory turbo you are already into warranty voiding land. Considering how the 6.7's turbo looks like they designed it to make the target power and not much more I would ASSume that it would only take a mild tune for it to be maxed out airflow wise.

I had heard rumors that they will be denying claims for vehicles that have tunes. Thought perhaps they had made an official statement through the dealers on how to handle this issue.
They have been denying warranty for much less for years. If you're scared, then leave it stock. If you can not afford to pay for repairs, then leave it stock. This is not directed at anybody, just a general statement that has been said before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Soooooooooooo - when is someone gonna start fabbing pipes for an S480 compound? With the quick spooling stocker, I would think it could rock.

Add some tuning and drop the DOC, DPF, and Urea, I'd have to guess a towable 600-650 on fuel only?

Can't wait to hear how the bottom end of these things hold up with some fuel and boost added to the equation.

·
Registered
592 Posts
From what i have read on the GM site they are gonna start making the Dealers send or take pictures of the ECM when Hooked up to the truck to show No mods have been added so it will not be the Dealers Call for long,If that goes into effect...

It was said ,this will have to be done before Warranty work will be granted...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Soooooooooooo - when is someone gonna start fabbing pipes for an S480 compound? With the quick spooling stocker, I would think it could rock.

Add some tuning and drop the DOC, DPF, and Urea, I'd have to guess a towable 600-650 on fuel only?

Can't wait to hear how the bottom end of these things hold up with some fuel and boost added to the equation.
S475 with a 1.32 housing would probably work a little better, in my opinion.

I doubt you'd see any gain going to an S480. Wouldnt be worth the extra expense. The stocker would just choke it out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
From what i have read on the GM site they are gonna start making the Dealers send or take pictures of the ECM when Hooked up to the truck to show No mods have been added so it will not be the Dealers Call for long,If that goes into effect...

They (GM dealers) already do that. The 2007 and newer Dmax ECM records the CVN's (basically like a computer software CRC within the ECM) of the past 10 flashes. So if you flash something thats "not-GM" it will show up in the ECM's reflash history. The tech then takes a picture of the Tech 2's (the GM dealer diagnostic scan tool) screen that shows the CVN list and forwards that to GM before any major warranty work is performed/authorized.

The EFILive guys have stated that technically its possible to fake the CVN's but its highly unlikely they will release the capability to everyone because that raises a lot of legal/ethical issues....and IMO they are exactly right. You play you pay. Why should GM (or ford, or dodge) pay for a new motor because you blew a hole in your #6 piston after towing up a long hill with a huge tune?

To think otherwise and/or try to get something covered under warranty that is YOUR fault is stupid and slimy.

Ben

·
Moved in
1,008 Posts

I have heard the same thing. It will no longer be up to the local dealer to give the go or no go on warranty work. Regional or corporate management will need to get a cut on the decision.

I have no issue with this unless it delays my truck getting repaired (as long as it is stock). We all know there will be those that run a hot tune and break something. Then they'll be on here bitching and moaning about how Ford will not fix their truck under warranty.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts