Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the way my truck drove with the extreme race but dont need another big bill and i blew my converter.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
If all the mods you have is a sct, you shouldn't have blew your converter. Stock converters will hold 550 rwhp all day long

·
Registered
689 Posts
Take care of your transmission. That will help keep the proper life of it.
Keep the fluid changes under 30,000miles. Depending on how you change the fluid, may be less than 30,000miles.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Not common at all. Probably a mechanical failure that would've occurred stock. The 6.0 makes great power with bolt ons, but no where near the limitations of the trans. :ford:

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I toasted my stock converter on my truck running nothing but Erics x-race tune. I never made it far enough to even require a fluid change in the trans. One day just going around a corner at about 1/8 throttle at 25mph it just "clunked" and rolled to a stop. Dealership said converter imploded on itself and there were metal shavings everywhere in the trans. I had done maybe 4 boosted launches total and had no warning until that point. I then decided the x-race tune should be left for racing! X-street was more than enough.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not common at all. Probably a mechanical failure that would've occurred stock. The 6.0 makes great power with bolt ons, but no where near the limitations of the trans. :ford:
How much yall getting on one them super cool tune boxes these days? Im realy only interested in a top speed limit elliminator if you got just that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts