Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trucks axle code says it has limited slip but, its either worn out or the carrier has been swaped. How can I tell by looking at it with just the cover pulled. If its a limited slip I will just put new clutch packs back in it. Do theses obs trucks have sterling 10.25 rear axles in them and if so what do they call it in the books to look up a lock-rite for it

·
Registered
138 Posts
Get ahold of randy's ring and pinion, and talk to one of their techs, you will need your vin number, as ford has two different styles of LSD's that they put in these trucks.
Typically, when you pull the cover, you will see a "stack" behind the spider gears attached to each axle.
The factory LSD's Are very conservative in their traction control, as a vehicle with a "stiffer" rear is harder to drive for joe average. I've heard rumors of people putting another plate in there, and so on, but I've never actually seen any completed with results.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Look on the door build sticker. Look under axle code. If it has a letter and number "C9" for example..... Its Posi. if its 2 numbers "53" for example.... its a open case.

I have a lock rite in my truck. Its a little rough around the edges but it is predictable and does what its supposed to do....Give maximum traction.

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
I've got a Detroit True-Trac and i love it. No clunking or noises when engaging and i can do 2 wheel burnouts now :evil:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts