Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen how these are usually set up, so I came up with these. Let me know if you think I should alter them in any way that would make it better. Tried them out last night. Truck leaves super hard now. Only kicker is, with the straps tightened down, I know have some wheel hop the first few feet. Guess I got to work on some traction bars now. I'm gonna cut a piece of tubing that will separate the bolt threads from the strap to prevent fraying.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Great idea. *calls welder*

What lift is on the truck. Looks like you have a 1" block but your sig says 5".

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I love working at a metal fabrication place. LOL

add-a-leaf
shackle kit
1" block (but dont tell anyone) most people say putting a block up front is stupid. I call it ******* engineering.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its supposed to keep all the weight from transferring to the rear during launch. I think it helps. I need to get to the track and lay down some times to be sure.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
You should put a piece of tubing over those threads to protect the strap

That is exactly what I was thinking. That would stop the fraying. Good idea. Might want to check what Danny has.

·
Registered
485 Posts
That setup looks pretty good. I've had pretty good results strapping my front end down tight. But I can't keep from just braking the straps after a few launchs, so i'm doing up a set of chains for mine.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That setup looks pretty good. I've had pretty good results strapping my front end down tight. But I can't keep from just braking the straps after a few launchs, so i'm doing up a set of chains for mine.
Thats the only thing im worried about. I don't want the straps breaking while im headed down the track.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I made the chains up for mine this weekend. I cut three links of chain off and welded the top two together left the bottom one loose, then welded the top link to my frame rail. Now I just wrap a chain around the tube bolt it together then run it up to the chain on the frame and bolt it to it. I made it so you need a couple guys standing on the bumper to bolt them in, that way when they step off the chain is tight and has no slack in it to pop the frame when you launch. I haven't tried them out yet but should work pretty good.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I made the chains up for mine this weekend. I cut three links of chain off and welded the top two together left the bottom one loose, then welded the top link to my frame rail. Now I just wrap a chain around the tube bolt it together then run it up to the chain on the frame and bolt it to it. I made it so you need a couple guys standing on the bumper to bolt them in, that way when they step off the chain is tight and has no slack in it to pop the frame when you launch. I haven't tried them out yet but should work pretty good.
That sounds pretty slick. Take some pictures of it all hooked up.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
here is what I did on my 99', it worked like hell.

>

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.