Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my gauges. And my tow max gauges says my fuel pressure is at 45psi at idle. But also the needle doesnt bounce at all ?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Does the line have any kind of snubber in it that would dampen the pulses? I hope it is using an electric sending unit and not actually running a "live" mechanical fuel line into the cab (never a good idea). Cheers!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes its a electric sending unit. Idk if the sending unit has a dampener. How accurate is it. They are glowshift gauges so i know they aint top line. The truck runs fine doesnt sound like its starvin for fuel.any ideas to double check the fuel pressure so that i know. But i also know the pump is old and is leaking fuel out of the weep hole?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well when you dont make money hand over fist. You make do with what you can.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There you said it. Glow S H I T
another inciteful post from our PSN local, Brad.

I would imagine the gauge being accurate to within a few lbs. not sure on the fuel pressure, but I thought it was to be somewhere around 65?

did the sending unit come with the gauge?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,328 Posts
Well when you dont make money hand over fist. You make do with what you can.
Well when the Cheap EGT gauges is reading 1100* yet you are actually running at 1400* you will be saving NOTHING

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just use a tire gauge on the shrader valve. It will give you an accurate reading enough to tell if your glowshifts are the sheets.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I would also look at putting in a car spring. I have found them weak. The bb mod to help put will slowly lose pressure over time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well when the Cheap EGT gauges is reading 1100* yet you are actually running at 1400* you will be saving NOTHING
I have autometer z series egt. Just my boost n fuel are towmax. They match ok

·
Registered
187 Posts
45 psi on a basically stock truck should be OK. 60 psi is the target everyone shoots for. I put a "california" fuel psi regulator kit in mine, last scheck 60-65 at the schrader. The fuel psi sender will likely die quickly due to pulsations. I'd hook it up, do some tests, then remove sender or valve it off untill needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts