Any one use it?

·
03 F350 7.3L
220 Posts
I am curious if it would be good for a 7.3

·
03 F350 7.3L
220 Posts
6.0Ls aren't stiction injectors right? and this product is for diesels with stiction injectors which 7.3Ls have i believe. i wonder what improvement i would see with using this product.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Stiction injectors? You mean HEUI injectors? Hydraulic Electronic Unit Injector. Yes 7.3s and 6.0s are both HEUI injectors..6.4s are not they have a common rail fuel injection system. If you want to buy any kind of additive I suggest Rev-X..

·
03 F350 7.3L
220 Posts
I am running Rev-X i haven't noticed any difference, its time for another oil change soon so i thought about giving Hotshot a try. Not having any issues just like the fact that i am maintaining my engine better than the average guy.

·
03 F350 7.3L
220 Posts
What should i expect if it does anything?

·
Registered
635 Posts
This helped my cold start issue on my 7.3l.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've been using it for 10,000 miles and haven't noticed a change. Waste of $$ IMO.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Didn't see much improvement in my 7.3 but I had no issues when i used it. worth a shot if you had a starting problem or injector issue.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
I can't see using it unless you have issues.

it was designed to fix stiction.

I bought some but before it showed up I had another injector fail so warranty replaced them .

I run synthetic oil and due all the proper maintenance so I don't anticipate needed to use any stiction solvers again but Hotshots has a money back guarantee unlike the other brands

·
Registered
626 Posts
I used this stuff last year. Worked great in my 96 with 280k on it now it has 306k miles. It smells funky at first but then the smell goes away after driving it a few hundred miles. It is a half gallon additive. I ran my truck the very next day 300 miles and when I got to my destination my idle was smooth. Before it was choppy. I have ran two oil changes with out, the next oil change I will use it again. I go 10k -12k miles on Rotella. Sample to Blackstone. All is good. I found it a Tractor Supply runs 50 bucks.
I would try this before changing injectors and run it for at least a few hundred miles before making a decision.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've run this in my 01 for about 40k and it seemed to smooth my idle out alittle bit, supposedly it also cleans out the oil passages in the injectors. I believe I will continue to use it because when I started using it I've been running on burrowed time on my injectors and there finally to the point of knocking and missing like crazy.

·
EX Driver
3 Posts
The company's info says they were hired by International to solve the sticky injector issue on 6.0 engines. This is the product they came up with. They have an oil and fuel additive and a friction reducer the sell in a kit. Used every other oil change this is supposed to cure hard starts and ruff idle. It is also recommended for 7.3 engines as well. I have tried this and it did make a difference in how my truck ran, but didn't completely fix my injector issues. Maybe after a few more treatments or if i started using it before 250 thousand miles it would work better.

·
Been there....... done it
183 Posts
I wasn't having any major issues with starting or missing, but I tried this stuff anyway on my '97 w/200k miles. I followed the directions and added it at an oil change and have been running it for about 2k miles. The idle is very noticeably smoother and it does cold start smoother. Stiction is a specific issue inside the injectors were the oil piston starts to stick in it's bore, the result is a type of miss. This is the condition that HSS is supposed to help with. Not every miss is due to stiction, so don't expect this stuff to magically revive a worn out or dead injector. It does seem to help as a preventative measure for an old engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used rev x when I had hesitation when truck was cold it the hesitation stopped afrter 500 miles or so . I know it worked for me I put hot shot secret in every other oil change now just because I can buy it in my town rev x I had to order online just myopinion but I think it depends what your issue is if its oil side or fuel what fuel conditioner do you use?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Last fall I bought a truck had bunch of issues I fixed the ficm new fuel pump and regulator truck had bad case of stiction Cold start inj balance was horrible. Once eot got up to 130-150 ran perfect. Seen it advertised figured I'll give it a shot. truck had recent oil change so I just drained some out added the jug. I drove the truck for about 1000 miles. Actually used it to pull a trailer on a trip. The next cold day I went out and recheck power balance still had miss but I will say it was significantly better. Couple days later I put a new set of ford inj in it. For a snake oil I wont say it fixed it but it did help.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts