Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have 06 350 with just a lil stiction issue at startup. I just ordered some hot shot secret but would just like to know yalls opinion on what yall have seen and tried. I know yall have your own preferences but i just went with the money back gaurantee one. has anybody tried both hot shot and rev x and which seemed to work better???

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Rev X is the better option of those two by far. Out of about 100 trucks I know that used it. It worked in 98 of em

As far as HSS out of the 50 or so I know that tried in it. It worked in about 5 of em

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dang not really what i wanted to hear

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang nobody else ha opinions!

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
I have tried both: First HSS is a good product..But not as effective as Rev-X... In my opinion... My 7.3L reacted really well too HSS--after the first initial 200 miles I started noticing faster start-ups and quieter idle... As more miles were added throttle response began to get better... After 5K miles in the crankcase-I was impressed with the results from a 7.3L that had not been well maintained by the previous owner... I only wish I had done a UOA with this oil change... With that said... I believe this product is not a waste of money if you have just bought a 7.3L with poor maintenance program from the previous owner.... If you have owned the 7.3L or 6.0L from day one and have changed your oil religiously? I see no reason for it...

Rev-X: After seeing a Virgin Oil Sample of this product, I was very very impressed and really wanted to try it...With 288K miles on my 7.3L I had really nothing to lose... I poured in 2 bottles with this winters oil change... I have 1K miles so far on this oil change... Throttle Response is the best it's ever been and still seems to be getting better... Start-ups are about the same... Idle is really impressive... The wife even noticed a difference in both.... That tells me something is taking place for sure... In my eyes it's very good preventive maintenance...

Everyone has a different opinion and Everyone's 6.0L or 7.3L reacts differently... I believe it does as advertised...

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
you will find a bunch of opinions and plenty of sponsors putting in input because they have a financial investment mostly or actually only on REV-X being da chit

but at the end of the day
Hotshots has a money back guarantee and a more informative website more product for less $$ Rev- x has non of that

·
bring the chain
1,345 Posts
i ran hss in my standard cab. it was in there 500 miles.. i didnt do ####.

changed the oil added rex x. within a week the truck was starting like a new one.
i dont have issue with anyones products,i look past the advertising aspect,and let the product do the talking.. bar none rex x all the way the way to the point i bought in with dealer status.

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
Have not tried the HSS but I can tell you with 100% certainty that I don't really care for the Rev X brand of product being sold. That product has cost me a lot of money in missed injector sales profits and labor installation. I try to be fair and honest with my customers but enough is enough. I don't know how much longer I can be honest and still keep offering Rev X to my customers.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
My apolologies Bavid, sorry that were keeping you from making money on replaced injectors by selling a product that actually works.

Zmann, have you tried rev x yet? Can you show me a guy that has had stiction and rev x doesnt work? I can find 100 that will say that hss hasn't worked, just like the guy two post up. If Hss is working for you, im happy as hell. If you don't want to try rev-x, thats fine too. Simply put revx has worked for 100% of my customers, and I have sold a whole bunch of it. 100% works for revx, and a whole bunch that have called after wasting there money on hss. Again, glad it works for you.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Have not tried the HSS but I can tell you with 100% certainty that I don't really care for the Rev X brand of product being sold. That product has cost me a lot of money in missed injector sales profits and labor installation. I try to be fair and honest with my customers but enough is enough. I don't know how much longer I can be honest and still keep offering Rev X to my customers.
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

·
professional slacker
632 Posts
It works as described......I usually avoid stuff like that but after reading about it I gave it a try.
Inside a week I could hear the difference it made on cold starts.

sent from ^^^ his phone with jedi mind tricks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alwil are u talking about HSS or Revx?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
what about AR9100? I recieved my order yesterday, and will be putting it in this weekend with my oil change.... I also noticed it apperas very similar to Rev-x.... wonder if I could send a smaple of both off to see how they compare to each other in make up.... I have ran rev-x and it worked for me.... I am trying the ar9100 to see what its like compared to rev-x in regards to my truck and my opinion only....

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
Zmann, have you tried rev x yet?No I have not and I have never stated an opinion on it's prformance Can you show me a guy that has had stiction and rev x doesnt work? I can find 100 that will say that hss hasn't worked,I call BS and a whole bunch that have called after wasting there money on hss.How do you waste money with a money back guarantee Again, glad it works for you.
I am sure this will be taken the wrong way but your a Rex-X Retailer with a for profit reason to push Rev-X and continually bash HSS

I see post both ways on both products from folks with no underlying reason to push or bash a product those are the ones I appreciate
I filter the competitors responses

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I hate to be disrespectful but all the people that sell rev x are bashing saying hss is garbage and I see why I'd want somebody to buy my product over others but of all my searching I've seen good reviews on both I just want to hear personal stories on hss cause that's what I purchased first! Like how much Stiction and how much it helped! I hate to keep this up with the arguments but would like honest personal opinions on them and I will give feedback after I use hss and if it doesn't work I'm gonna give revx a try and will give honest feedback on it! But I feel that if I ran hss and seemed to help a lil but then ran revx on next oil change would it fair cuse hss had cleaned alot up then revx did the rest where it seemed that revx was the one that did it all if ya know what I mean or would it be fair to do two treatments of hss?

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
King06
I don't think you should need to do 2 oil changes with HSS to clear up an issue that can be fixed with a stiction dissolver but remember they state some mileage = result expectations on the website so make sure you give it the proper chance

I also went with HSS originally after doing a ton of searches and like you noticed both products have a ton of happy customers

1 - 20 of 62 Posts