Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6.0 seems to start a little rough when it's cold....might be a stiction issue, might be normal...not really sure. One of my buddy's who has had a 6.0 for year told me that I need to order some Hot Shot Secret Stiction Eliminator......dump it in with the next oil change, and it will make a huge difference in how well my 6.0 will start in colder temps.

After doing a little research, it sounds like for the ignition "treatment", they want you to dump in 64oz (2 quarts) of the stuff.....and then 5,000 miles when you do your next oil change, it drops down to 32oz (1qt) every 3rd oil change after that.

Has anyone tried this stuff? Is it just snake oil, or is it worth the $54 to give is a shot? I'm more worried about having so much additive in with my oil.....that's 2 out of the 15 quarts being some sort of additive.

Anyone tried this stuff? Good? Bad? Horrible??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have to admit I tried it on my truck not long after I bought it, 99 7.3 with 211k miles on it, it helped a little, when the temps were in the low 40's upper 30's , colder than that it made no difference, its not a fix by any means. I don't remember what I paid, but Amazon was the cheapest place I found it.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I like it.
I think it you save the labels, it's buy three then get one free.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
I've not had any luck with stiction eliminators. I think I tried rev x, anyway, it didn't work.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Archoil worked great for me. Others have used Hot Shot with success. Every situation is different. Just one of those things you've probably got to try for yourself and see what happens. lol I know my truck starts right up even in slightly sub-zero temps with barely a complaint from the injectors. When it's above 25 or so, it starts and acts the same no matter if it's 25 or 80 degrees out. Before the Archoil, I was chugging and noisy as hell until the truck had warmed a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts