Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I got a 07 with 180,000. about a month and a half ago I blew head gaskets and cracked a head. Took it in and ended up with
Head gaskets
Head studs
New head
New oils cooler
Stand pipes/dummy plugs
Injector o-rings
Hpop
Ipr
Glow plugs/harness
Oil pan gasket
Valve cover gaskets
Oil cooler
EGR delete
This was all done by ford.when I got it back home I turned it off,and would not restart. Now have hot no start. icp will get to about 350 ipr straight to 84. Did a air test at 150 psi can hear some air is this normal? When I turn on ipr the leak is gone. The only other odd thing I have is ficm will drop to about 43 at random until truck runs for a few then back to 48. But when I got it back from the dealership the batteries were dead and now have to replace them would that affect the ficm? And could the ficm cause this issue?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,214 Posts
FICM dropping to 43 v means it is shot. Need to send it to FICMrepair.com. Low voltage will kill the FICM.

You will hear air leakage until you close the IPR valve. If you truly are getting less than 500 psig ICP pressure when cranking, then it will not start.

If you are sure there is no air leak, then maybe the IPR needs to be pulled and checked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if it's a new ipr? I will be ordering a new ficm tomorrow. It seems like a oil leak but can't hear any and everything that I know of that would leak is new. But again I am new to deisel so that is not saying alot

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have pulled the ipr 3 different times thinking maybe pushing junk from all the work that had been done but screen looks good.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,214 Posts
Yeah, new doesn't matter if the workers weren't clean. Looks like they were though.

Get the FICM resolved and then lets see what you have.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,847 Posts
if you have the time, see if you can talk to Ed at ficmrepair, or one of the guys, see if an Atlas ficm tune is for you. I got a rebuild from them with Atlas 40 and I love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts