324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much power can be had from a idi.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
I know that hypermax built one years ago that went into the 9's lol

how deep are your pockets? lol
It wasn't IDI by the time they were done, the injectors dumped straight into the combustion chamber and it eventualy split the block.

About 300hp can be had if you get with the right guys, it will take twice as much money as getting a stroke to 300. Most guys (even strokers) see this truck as a perfect 12v candidate.

·
CLARKY
319 Posts
I wouldnt even mess w an idi for making powah.Like said b4 its a canidate for a SD motor,obs or cumstain swap.Youll go broke trying to make 300 or more not to mention it prob wont last long.my .02

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what i was curious about. I am looking for one to rebuild like the one i had in high school it was an 88 and i was going to use it as a sled puller. With a cummins swap i would be out of the street class. Right?

·
Registered
95 Posts
It wasn't IDI by the time they were done, the injectors dumped straight into the combustion chamber and it eventualy split the block.

About 300hp can be had if you get with the right guys, it will take twice as much money as getting a stroke to 300. Most guys (even strokers) see this truck as a perfect 12v candidate.
Where'd you get that information about Max Logod's old IDI? Just wondering I'm not biting or anything, just new news to me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
diesel I really like your truck. Im lookiing for one just like that now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Copy-cat :p Hope you find one bud, not alot out there spec'd like mine(Ordered it)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i use to have one. It was in mint condition and i totaled it out and then i rebuilt it and it was perfect. Then i wrecked it again and my insurance wouldnt fix it. I should have bought it back.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Where'd you get that information about Max Logod's old IDI? Just wondering I'm not biting or anything, just new news to me.
Read it, been awhile though. The combustion cups were not in use, meaning it was DI the specifics of what injectors were used escapes me, I'm sure someone in here knows. The "Block spliting" was from a post made here a few months ago.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i use to have one. It was in mint condition and i totaled it out and then i rebuilt it and it was perfect. Then i wrecked it again and my insurance wouldnt fix it. I should have bought it back.
Sweet, I've seen a couple kind of like mine, similar paint sheme and 4x4, most are like 150's though, nothing really as nice in my own opinion I guess?

Read it, been awhile though. The combustion cups were not in use, meaning it was DI the specifics of what injectors were used escapes me, I'm sure someone in here knows. The "Block spliting" was from a post made here a few months ago.
I know all about the block splitting, and the freeze plug issues, but never really got any wind of fuel system of specifications of it or anything really. Just remember supposably stock internals with just treated rods 15:1CR, custom pump injectors, 2 garrett turbo's pushing 147 psi, didn't hear much of anything else.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is one of the only pics i got of it.

Attachments

·
Built without your taxes
290 Posts
weres all this hi po idi info/pics at?

·
Registered
76 Posts
didnt someone have one at like 900? i think it was a white idi ?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
This is a funny thread. Anything thing over 300 is going to self distruct in a short time period

·
Registered
95 Posts

I guess it was back in the early 90's, after almost 20 years good luck trying to find information. Just because you think it's not true doesn't mean it's not though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts