Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i drive a 99 f250 7.3 and it rides like the axles are welded to the frame. what would be the first suspect in changing to make this ride a little less rough? are my leaf springs shot? i'm hoping one of you vets can help me out. i'm still a newb :bowfast:

·
Registered
150 Posts
It would help to know what kind of suspension is on it now. Stock or Aftermarket? If aftermarket then what kind?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hard to tell. everything is a bit rusty but there might be 350 blocks in the back. besides that i think stock.

·
Registered
246 Posts
is it stock height or lifted or just a leveling kit

·
Registered
246 Posts
i would say you need a different brand of leveling kit.I wish mine road like a 99 my 97 is just like riding a 2x4..lol...
My next set on mine is a 4 link air ride...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey your in WA where out?You need to get into the wa chapter section and start talking it up....lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will have to look into that. and yeah i'm living in spanaway. i'm still pretty new to forums. so i will have to figure that out.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
If you like email me some pictures and I'll see if I can help figure out what its riding bad.

·
Registered
90 Posts
probably wouldnt hurt to lube the spring eyes, and bolts. those things can bind if they are rusty or torqued down too tight, just a thought. generally if your springs are bad it sags up front and is real boat like when you hit a bump, that and they will generally pull real hard when braking cause one side usually is worse then the other.

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
getting rid of my superlift and getting shackles and some slightly softer springs helped the ride a lot but it wasn't great.
ICON, Carli, Pure Performance get a lot of great reviews for their ride quality and get a high quality shock. Cary does respond to his emails unlike some vendors.

If I wasn't plagued by the need to get my truck into the garage I'd have added a good 4-6" set up already.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have rode in his truck and it's worse than riding in the back on the bus like we used to in school. I have looked at his suspension and compared it to my f250. He has three leafs up front while only have to. I have paid much attention to how many are in the rear end but I will tell you what that thing rides like a bucking bronco if you hit a decent bump. I have literally came out of my seat on some bumps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts