Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I filled my truck up or the first time a few days ago (got the truck not too long ago) and I reset the trip button to calculate miles per tank. I flew through a quarter tank of fuel in 3 days just driving to work and back. A total of 38 miles. I also threw in some diesel kleen in the tank when i filled up. The gauge is exactly at 3/4 full. Now my question.. I have a very bad leak in my first coupler on the hot side of the turbo piping (to the intercooler) and I mean very bad! To the point if you put your finger where the hole is and someone revs the truck, you have to pull your hand away due to the pressure of air coming out.Now will this cause that much of a decrease in fuel mileage?! 5 miles per gallon? That's more than half the milage i should be getting. How?! And I'm always easy on the throttle. Suggestions?

·
Diesel millwright
109 Posts
Don't trust the gauge for partial readings. Fill up again and note how many miles you've put on since the first fill up to calculate the actual mileage. I always go by miles (km up here) per tank as my mileage. Put more miles on it before jumping to conclusions. I'm guessing you are getting some black smoke if your loosing boost? Also what is your truck?

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
International Coal Roller
383 Posts
Boost leak, thats your number one problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
maybe get your injectors tested, a month ago I was getting about 8 miles per gallon with a lot of black smoke (unburned fuel) and got two of my injectors replaced by dieselogic, apparently injectors were releasing two much fuel volume. smart buy, saved me money in the long run, now im getting 13 mpg.

·
Kris
236 Posts
Keep it stupid simple.

If you know you have a problem, you should fix that problem before questioning why there are problems. A boost leak will drop your mileage, fix it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts