Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 F350 4X4 PSD. It has a horrible engine noise that sounds like somthing inside the engine is coming loose. I have only had the truck for about 500 miles and its been the same. When you are driving at a steady speed the noise is there. IF you accelarate it goes away. AND IF YOU ARE PARKED AND TURN THE STEARING WHEEL TO THE RIGHT THE NOISE GOES AWAY. we have spent hours tightning and greasing everthig on the frame and running gear, but nothing???? PLease help

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check and see if your down pipe is hitting the firewall.A little more info may be helpful, Auto or 5sp,lift kit?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
remove the belt and see if it still does it, could be a tensioner or something coming apart. If you remove the belt and start it up for a second and the noise isn't there, you know you need to be looking at what the belt is on, tensioners, water pump, alternator, fan clutch, etc.
don't drive it with the belt off, just let it idle for less than a minute, and see what you hear then.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Is it an automatic transmission or a manual transmission?
Describe more of the horrible engine noise.
Is it a shaking rattling noise? A knock thumping noise?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IS an automatic, stock suspension, the noise is like a large vibrating noise, like a bad roller bearing, with no grease, you step on the gas and it goes away...UNTILL the engine reaches cruse speed and it reappears again, give it more throttle and it dissaperas, with the stearing turnd to the right, at idle it stops.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
do you have an after market downpipe? even the stocker can hit the firewall so. I would give the down pipe a once over, an exhaust hanger may have rusted and broke so its putting extra weight on there.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I would look at all the pulleys, the idea mentioned above of to take of the serpentine belt and see what happens, is good for that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Check your engine flywheel flexplate for being cracked. Pull the dust cover on the bell housing and take a peek.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts