Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today I was driving mind you its cold 48ish and my truck started to get hot at the ligh's and when I would take off it would drop back down but then it would make a loud noise when I would leave, so I went and bought 2 gallons of coolant and the truckk was fine , but now every time I stop I notice water or something dripping under the truck. Do you think I blew a head gasket?

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
sounds like a coolant leak if you blow the gaskets it wont typically physically leak coolant on the ground.it will puke it out around the coolant cap

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Earlier today I was driving mind you its cold 48ish and my truck started to get hot at the ligh's and when I would take off it would drop back down but then it would make a loud noise when I would leave, so I went and bought 2 gallons of coolant and the truckk was fine , but now every time I stop I notice water or something dripping under the truck. Do you think I blew a head gasket?
Might have a cracked degas bottle or some seriously f-ed up ####. Hope for the first one,,

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha am I not supposed to put 2 gallons may that have been to much? I was kinda of thinking I might have filled it up a little to much nd now some where its leaking the over flow but, when I look at my coolant level its like1 inch below the top marking on the coolant bottle.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I went to a local shop and the guy took a quick look and said it was the water pump, so if it was wouldn't it just be the gasket cause if the water pump was not working it wouldn't circulate coolant right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.