Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place for the sender? Is the billet oil filter cap the best/only way to do this? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody knows?

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
This got me thinking as well, after some searching I didn't find much but did find this, Powerstroke Nation - View Single Post - Oil pressure gauge

Oil Pressure test port, other option instead of the billet filter caps. I'm sure you have already looked but dieselmanor.com has some good instructions for just about all the other gauges and such. Looks like a PITA to get to and setup though :doh:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I have already look at diesel manor, great for info! I never thought of the test port. I might just put it there.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe not if I have to drill it:doh:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what I was thinking. Maybe PM adam and he can explain it better, or there is some adapter fitting that could be bought :shrug: least heres to hoping lol
I would hope there is a fitting. I am puting my coolant temp in the block like diesel manor said, and that uses a fitting...

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I would hope there is a fitting. I am puting my coolant temp in the block like diesel manor said, and that uses a fitting...
cool, same here, as I think I will be installing some next week if I can finally pry my wallet open lol. Fuel pressure has a test port with a fitting too, I would think... hope... that they would be standard fittings... Aww hell its a Ford, there is no way its gonna be easy LOL

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool, same here, as I think I will be installing some next week if I can finally pry my wallet open lol. Fuel pressure has a test port with a fitting too, I would think... hope... that they would be standard fittings... Aww hell its a Ford, there is no way its gonna be easy LOL
Fuel is simple from what I know, just an adapter like the coolant. FP is the last gauge I need.

·
Vtec
781 Posts
This got me thinking as well, after some searching I didn't find much but did find this, Powerstroke Nation - View Single Post - Oil pressure gauge

Oil Pressure test port, other option instead of the billet filter caps. I'm sure you have already looked but dieselmanor.com has some good instructions for just about all the other gauges and such. Looks like a PITA to get to and setup though :doh:
suck to break a belt and rip that out the block.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
suck to break a belt and rip that out the block.
Thats for sure :eek: :eek:wned:

Billet cap might be some cheap insurance. Some way of plugging directly into the oil cooler from up top would be nice, but I'm guessing thats not how they designed it.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats for sure :eek: :eek:wned:

Billet cap might be some cheap insurance. Some way of plugging directly into the oil cooler from up top would be nice, but I'm guessing thats not how they designed it.
I'm just gonna get the cap.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought that was for the oil pressure sender???? Hell I dun know neither now I am confused. Shouldnt be this hard...
I think it can be for both...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Swoooh! I just ordered all that I thought I needed for the oil pressure so I got a lil worried there for sec....

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts