Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to open my hood and it seems like the cable broke. has this happend to any one else. how did you get the latch open?

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Pull on the hood release then go out and fist bump the hood right above the latch and the hood may pop up. My cable feels light when pulled but the fist bump trick usually works on mine.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
:whs: After the cowl hood i have to hit the damn hood like a Chevy I need to adjust it. If it is a cable issue i bet it came off not broke...

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
That's the way mine. Little tappy right in the center.

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. Annoying yes but it hasn't pissed me off enough to fix it yet. :evil

·
Registered
675 Posts
im pretty sure the flippen cable is broke
is there tension on hood release lever if so the cable isn't broke and is it even popping the hood. I had my hood get stuck on my 97 and latch was bent somehow but i ended up sticking a peice of 4ft plywood under the hood and prying up, it opened it but i wouldn't suggest it looks like you have a nice truck :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no, there's no tension on the cable.now im trying to figure out how to get the hood open so i can replace the cable. i fear that prying may be my only option:doh:

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
You cant even pull the lever, put your thumbs where the hood is and lift up really hard? Sometimes it helps to have someone hold the elver while you pull/push up on it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i hate to pry on it too much. i have a glass hood and i don't want to crack it. i think i can get the grill off, maybe i can get the latch that way

1 - 11 of 11 Posts