Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built this intake and I am ready for paint. I want to smooth out my welds with body filler or something and I don't know what to use. Will he heat of the engine shrink the bondo? If so what should I use. Or should I just put a good coat of paint on it and call it good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Paint that beautiful piece of metal...man chrome it or polish it. Don't know if that can be done but why cover up that metal...its impressive looking.

·
Registered
74 Posts
unless you are 100% sure the welds are 100% penetrated do not sand them,even the any metal your taking off is weakening the piece.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will be pulling the turbos and exhaust manifolds to install new gaskets. at that time will also paint the valve covers. that should change the entire look of everything.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice work! I believe air to air coolers are called intercoolers and air to water such as you have here are called aftercoolers. Makes it even more unique!!
either way I am running both. a intercooler to combine both turbos and the aftercooler on top of the intake. ice water will be used when pulling, drag racing and dyno pulls.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my water tank is under the hood of the truck and holds 1, 5 lb bag of ice. I will melt all the ice and warm the water in 1 run.
all the same weather its a sled pull or a 1/4 mile run.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts