Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
OverFuelingForYourPlesure
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my new air to water cooler is tighter in my engine bay than I had expected and now there is no room for the factory coolant reservoir anywhere, unless I start modifying and moving stuff on the driver side of the engine bay.:(

so anyway I am thinking about making a new one that is skinnier so it will fit between the cooler and the headlights.
my question is dose it have to have all the baffles in it like the factory ones, or can I just make a open tank and put a radiator cap on it and be done with it?

·
Inmate #1
418 Posts
Heck, I thought you had already ditched the HVAC stuff. If you did that, you'd have pleanty of room.

·
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heck, I thought you had already ditched the HVAC stuff. If you did that, you'd have pleanty of room.
I have to keep all the factory accessories to be legal in my class, so I converted it over to a non ac truck and gained some room but not enough.

·
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Well the coolant seems to be really good in these trucks maybe a donor tank off somethin slightly smaller may work...iirc though drag car res (summit catalog) look more like2 liter soda bottles, but been years since - saw one.

baffles usually tame sloshing so if your pickup stays submerged, I see no air entry. But I am rather weak in that area to be 100% sure

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I had looked at relocating mine to the driver's side between the battery and the radiator, right above the IC pipe. It physically fit over there fine, just would need a bracket made.

I was just playing around while I had everything apart last spring, kinda thinking ahead to where I would relocate that stuff if I ever went to twins. LOL

Dave

·
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had looked at relocating mine to the driver's side between the battery and the radiator, right above the IC pipe. It physically fit over there fine, just would need a bracket made.

I was just playing around while I had everything apart last spring, kinda thinking ahead to where I would relocate that stuff if I ever went to twins. LOL

Dave
I'll have to look at that again to see if I can squeeze it over there

·
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I scooted my battery over toward the fender some more and did a little work with a sawzaw and am pretty sure I can make it work between the battery and radiator on the driverside:D

I'm going to go ahead and finish mounting and plumbing in the cooler and then figure out how to mount the resivor over there.

thanks for the help

·
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks I'll look ino that it's probably easier to mount than this factory one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts