Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good forum to learn more about serveillance equipment for homes.

Also, if you have a home serveillance system and can give me any pointers or suggestions that would be great!

I am really intersted in getting a system that will record video so I could use it in case something does happen. I would also be interested in a system that I could monitor remotely. I know there are a bunch of options that I can do I just need to learn more about the equipment and I'm not sure where to start...

·
Registered
920 Posts
Google home alarm system forum, home security system forums. I have lurked on a couple of sites but nothing jumped out as the go to site. Much will depend on brand of equipment used.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I figured that I just have no clue where to start... There are a ton of systems out there....

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Look for PC based equipment. Basically an expansion card with 4 BNC connectors for cams. Some software to make everything work. You supply your own cams and cable. You can monitor most of those over your internet connection.

·
stroker newb
32 Posts
thehighroad.org
Its a gun forum, but there's also quite a bit about home security. A lot of knowledge there. Also a lot of tin foil hats, but its easy enough to weed them out.
I'm a member and go under the same name there as here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts