Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my truck back together and everything is working beautifully. Except my attempt at indicator lighted switches for my ebpv brake but I will work that out later. Let me tell ya what I learned.
1 Stage 1s with 1.0 housing is a totally different truck! This thing gets it on now! Way too much fun.
2 When installing pyro probe in the y you should pick the location with the y still installed! Almost screwed myself and had to bend the outer prob slghtly and it's hard to install
3 don't try to short cut diy injector instructions without some knowledge about potential problems first. I broke a spacer plate when I tried to assemble the lower internals and drop them into the body. There is a neat trick I figured out and used to avoid this and still assemble them externally and you can check to make sure it's all together right before you break stuff! More on that later
4 Soft chevy exhuast donuts work great if you have the pipes swedged slightly and no some other little tricks hat I was sworn to secrecy by a good man.
5 sucking the oil out of the cylinders is easily done with a hand held vacum pump and about 18" of 1/4" plastic air line stuck on the end of the hose.
6 if you are pretty physically limber you can get some of the harder upper pipe flange bolts from underneith with a reg combo wrench by stuffing your head under the truck inbetween the tranny and frame rail on the passenger side, down pipe removed obviously.
Thats about all I can think of for now. Gotta say I wouldn't have done much different, I really love the changes but I'm pretty sure the tranny and converter are needing upgraded soon now!!

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Stage ones with the 1.0 housing does work good at this altitude. A little too good for me as it lead to the BTS.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't doubt it! A valve body and a coverter are in my near future

·
Registered
448 Posts
well this is excellent to hear because this is in my future!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts