Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
PUNISHER EDITION F350
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the last two weeks my truck has had a ticking/knocking sound. I did a compresion test and a leak down and found out that #5 piston is not holding any compression or air.

So now I am going to start looking for a new motor or reman motor. My question for you guys is if you had the chance to do a budget build and build a good strong reliable truck. I was thinking satge 1 sticks, adrenaline hpop, d66 turbo and a ts/dp chip. Am i on the right track or are there any recommendations. How much can I get a new motor and how much would a buildup with all the mods cost. I just want a good strong reliable towing machine. Also could I use a 7.3 from a senond gen and would it work? If so how hard would it be and what all would I have to do and would it give me anymore power than the first gen?

As always thanks for all the help.

·
PUNISHER EDITION F350
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would a spyder from a 99 work for a intercooler? what would be the best bet on pipes take them from a 99 as well and if so would they need to be moded.

·
PUNISHER EDITION F350
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what all needs to be moded on a set of stock pipes? Also what size of injectors and turbo would you guys recomend for builing a strong pull truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts